1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 02:49
    Originally posted by Badwater
    She does, when and where it does not conflict with her Native beliefs. She says "I like your Christ, I don't like your Christianity."
    "I like your Christ, I don't like your Christianity."

Words of wisdom. Christianity makes little sense.

So many of the teachings of Jesus are deep and profound. I think they demonstrate an understanding of truth, which is absolute and eternal. They are as true today as they were when He said them.

I wish people would follow the teachings of Jesus. The world would be a much better place.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 02:52
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

So many of the teachings of Jesus are deep and profound. I think they demonstrate an understanding of truth, which is absolute and eternal. They are as true today as they were when He said them.

I wish people would follow the teachings of Jesus. The world would be a much better place.
    I agree, completely and wholeheartedly.
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 04:29
    I agree with the “bizarre” sentiments of your wife, too.

(And with ToO here—although I suspect we’ll disagree about the exact teachings of Jesus: ToO! What is the existential nature of “I-Am”?)

Actually, I’m kidding: I think that both ToO and I “know” (in the original sense of gnosis, an intimate, existential knowing-of) the existential nature of that “I-Am.” It strikes me that the only thing we’ve ever disagreed on is the ethical implications... And then, we’re at the level of what we “think-about” it (or, as he might say, at the level of our conceptual foundations).
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 09:44
    She does, when and where it does not conflict with her Native beliefs. She says "I like your Christ, I don't like your Christianity."
    Does she play chess? I like her attitude though I know some will still consider her hell bound.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 10:56
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]"I like your Christ, I don't like your Christianity."

I wish people would follow the teachings of Jesus. The world would be a much better place.[/b]
    Which part of Christianity doesn't make sense? The bit about the Holy Spirit based on Jesus's teachings? How about remission of sins also based on Jesus's teachings? Maybe the new covenant God made with men doesn't make sense either? How about people becoming saved through belief in Christ ?(another one of Jesus's teachings)

None of these are you willing to address. None of these seem to make any sense to you and yet they are rooted in Jesus's teachings.

Maybe if more people were exposed to the real living Jesus who is full of grace , love and compassion for our human condition we would get more followers.

Unfortunately , your fake , perfectionist, incomplete jesus is more prevalent than he should be due to many people's unwillingness to explore the truth in an honest, objective manner. You, like many , cling to a jesus who confirms all your elitist , judgemental ideas about people. The problem is he's not alive in the real world.

Look around, what we need is more love and acceptance , not more judgement and perfectionism. Your fake jesus is just too small.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 10:58
    The problem is which jesus do we follow? The one who is alive in the Holy Spirit , or the one that ToO presents?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree