1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 15:26
    http://www.pbs.org/first-peoples/home/

I just watched the one called 'first peoples: Africa'

it is a fascinating story. DNA evidence does not lie.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 15:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.pbs.org/first-peoples/home/

I just watched the one called 'first peoples: Africa'

it is a fascinating story. DNA evidence does not lie.
    I enjoyed it.

Apparently this link will find your local station and ascertain whether there are upcoming episodes on it. US only, I suspect.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 16:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    I enjoyed it.

Apparently this link will find your local station and ascertain whether there are upcoming episodes on it. US only, I suspect.
    I wonder how creationists account for the fact that pure blood African's have almost no DNA from Neandertals but only people from Asia and Europe have up to 3% even now, tens of thousands of years later? For us to have 3% from say 50,000 years ago NOW would seem to imply something more like 50% Neandertal genes from the interacting populations of Israel where they seem to have first interbred over 50,000 years ago.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 21:34
    I wonder how creationists account for the fact that pure blood African's have almost no DNA from Neandertals but only people from Asia and Europe have up to 3% even now, tens of thousands of years later? For us to have 3% from say 50,000 years ago NOW would seem to imply something more like 50% Neandertal genes from the interacting populations of Israel where they seem to have first interbred over 50,000 years ago.
    There were no humans 50,000 years ago, numbnuts.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 22:38
    I enjoyed it.

I failed to include the link.

http://www.pbs.org/first-peoples/episodes/america/
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 11:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There were no humans 50,000 years ago, numbnuts.
    Back to your trolling MO, can't answer the link, since you have no thoughts of your own, so you go back to ad hominem attacks.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 11:45
    Back to your trolling MO, can't answer the link, since you have no thoughts of your own, so you go back to ad hominem attacks.
    He is one dumb son of a bitch
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 11:53
    Originally posted by redbadger
    He is one dumb son of a bitch
    To know the truth will set you free !
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 12:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    To know the truth will set you free !
    Guess what. You are not even CLOSE to being free, you are trapped in ancient mythology you think real.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 13:14
    from the interacting populations of Israel where they seem to have first interbred over 50,000 years ago.
    Is this new information, perhaps from this show? I've never heard that they had pin-pointed specific sites of interbreeeding nor of what peoples they interbred with.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 13:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is this new information, perhaps from this show? I've never heard that they had pin-pointed specific sites of interbreeeding nor of what peoples they interbred with.
    I don't remember what was in the show but here is a link.

http://www.zmescience.com/science/anthropology/neanderthals-middle-east-28012015/

It isn't well referenced - only mentions the Nature publication.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 13:341 edit
    I don't remember what was in the show but here is a link.

http://www.zmescience.com/science/anthropology/neanderthals-middle-east-28012015/

It isn't well referenced - only mentions the Nature publication.
    Thanks for the link! I will go look at it now.

EDIT: Interesting article. First I've heard of this, but it is kind of "new" news (from the end of January, anyways). Of all the semi-scientific magazines I get, Nature isn't one of them, sorry to say.
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 14:39
    apart from mr hinds who has 100% Neandertal DNA
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 15:08
    Guess what. You are not even CLOSE to being free, you are trapped in ancient mythology you think real.
    I do not even have to look at the article for when I see 50,000 years then I know they are making up a bunch of crap to sell evolution. 😏
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 17:02
    For us to have 3% from say 50,000 years ago NOW would seem to imply something more like 50% Neandertal genes from the interacting populations of Israel where they seem to have first interbred over 50,000 years ago.
    No, that is not how it works.

Of course the very first 'love child' would have had 50/50 or something close to that, but beyond that we cannot say how many genes remained in the populations or how they spread apart from the 3% that is still there. It is likely that very few neanderthal genes remained for long in the human population even in the early stages.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the Neanderthal DNA does if anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree