1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 03:101 edit
    Since theists have their religious day in Easter, it is only fitting that atheists have a day like Earth day to celebrate as well.

So what did you do for mother earth today? Have you littered? Have you cleaned up liter? Did you just ignore it?

For a fee, I will hear your confessions and help free you of your guilt!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Since theists have their religious day in Easter, it is only fitting that atheists have a day like Earth day to celebrate as well.

So what did you do for mother earth today? Have you littered? Have you cleaned up liter? Did you just ignore it?

Do you support any common efforts to protect the environment in so far as they pertain to air pollution, water supply, soil, food chain etc.?
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 05:192 edits

I celebrated Good Friday last week by taking a day off of work with pay. Praise the Lord!!! 😀 (And bless you, good Catholics, who fought to make this an official company holiday.)
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 15:42
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I celebrated Good Friday last week by taking a day off of work with pay. Praise the Lord!!! 😀 (And bless you, good Catholics, who fought to make this an official company holiday.)
    Alas, I work for the Federal Government, and as such, Easter is not a Federal holiday.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 15:52
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    in the UK we get good Friday and easter Monday of with full pay but only if you work in the building trade.we are trying to get st Georges day a public holiday also
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 15:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Alas, I work for the Federal Government, and as such, Easter is not a Federal holiday.
    But you get Columbus Day, Washington's B-day, MLK B-day, and Veteran's Day to make up for it. At least, if this is to be believed.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/snow-dismissal-procedures/federal-holidays/#url=2014
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 16:07

Must we really have officially assigned holidays that remind us to be good or be aware of past happenings or be thankful?? We're not all theists, you know. Some of us can think for ourselves.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:43
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Must we really have officially assigned holidays that remind us to be good or be aware of past happenings or be thankful?? We're not all theists, you know. Some of us can think for ourselves.
    You're just sore becaues theists have all the cool holidays and you basically have none.

So when you are sitting on your arse on your sofa during one of these theists holidays, make no effort to generate any degree of gratitude for your day off work. After all, not everything is about you rat man.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you support any common efforts to protect the environment in so far as they pertain to air pollution, water supply, soil, food chain etc.?
    I don't liter.

Is that enough to be considered environmentally righteous, or must I stone a fracker or two?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 19:01
    You're just sore becaues theists have all the cool holidays and you basically have none.

So when you are sitting on your arse on your sofa during one of these theists holidays, make no effort to generate any degree of gratitude for your day off work. After all, not everything is about you rat man.
    Lol. Woodmeister, you of all people don't get to tell anyone on this website that they are sore. You're sore-incarnate :-)

And I've tried to tell you before, the world's not half as bad as you think it is/want it to be.

And of course I'm not grateful for that day off, you lovely dolt. I worked for that day off, I've earned it.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 19:03
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Lol. Woodmeister, you of all people don't get to tell anyone on this website that they are sore. You're sore-incarnate :-)

And I've tried to tell you before, the world's not half as bad as you think it is/want it to be.

And of course I'm not grateful for that day off, you lovely dolt. I worked for that day off, I've earned it.
    Have you earned your weekend as well rat man?

Before the Mosaic law, people worked 24/7.

What would your work schedule be like had religion never come on the scene?
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 19:16
    Have you earned your weekend as well rat man?

Before the Mosaic law, people worked 24/7.

What would your work schedule be like had religion never come on the scene?
    Aaaaaah... no religion......... one can always dream, right?

Anyway, I don't know what the world would look like had grown ups never started believing in fairy tales.

You reckon without religion we would've never realised there's more to life than work?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 00:48
    I don't liter.

Is that enough to be considered environmentally righteous, or must I stone a fracker or two?
    It was a serious question, whodey. And a proper answer would be more interesting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree