1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 17:031 edit
    This guy is a joke. He say Jesus is coming back May 21, 2011.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 19:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    This guy is a joke. He say Jesus is coming back May 21, 2011.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html
    Why is he more of a joke than all the other people who say Jesus is coming back but don't necessarily specify a date?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 20:231 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why is he more of a joke than all the other people who say Jesus is coming back but don't necessarily specify a date?
    Everyone telling a specific date when Jesus will return, when the doomsday is coming, when (whatever), is going to lose his face totally when that specific day is coming and going and nothing of the prophecy happened.

They are laughable, they are total jokes.

Everyone not stating the day will never be proven wrong, precisely because they didn't state the day.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 21:33
    A lot of reasons. Scripture explicitly teaches that the end times will come unexpectedly, 'like a thief in the night'. So when Christians prophesy a particular day for Jesus' arrival, they clearly lack Scriptural basis. Furthermore, when Christians have in the past prophesied the eschaton, they have always been wrong. A history of failed results should humble aspirant prophets. Lastly, this man's reasoning is particularly bad. He is committed to young-earth creationism and his whole exegesis rests on a bizarre numerology.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 11:46
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    A lot of reasons. Scripture explicitly teaches that the end times will come unexpectedly, 'like a thief in the night'. So when Christians prophesy a particular day for Jesus' arrival, they clearly lack Scriptural basis. Furthermore, when Christians have in the past prophesied the eschaton, they have always been wrong. A history of failed results shou ...[text shortened]... s committed to young-earth creationism and his whole exegesis rests on a bizarre numerology.
    What I find to be a joke is people talking about 'scripture' like it is a text book. I think we both know that the Bible is a collection of writings by many different people, and that everyone seems to interpret them in different ways. We also both know that there are a number of contradictions in those writings, so just because it says you cannot prophesy the coming in one place does not mean it doesn't say something else somewhere else, so your conclusion of ".. clearly lack Scriptural basis" is not valid.
    I must also point out that among those who prophesied his second coming and got it wrong were Jesus and some of his disciples.
    I still maintain that this guy is no more of a joke than most theists.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 11:532 edits
    What I find to be a joke is people talking about 'scripture' like it is a text book. I think we both know that the Bible is a collection of writings by many different people, and that everyone seems to interpret them in different ways. We also both know that there are a number of contradictions in those writings, so just because it says you cannot prophes e of his disciples.
    I still maintain that this guy is no more of a joke than most theists.
    really? when was the last time you read the Bible? Indeed, what would a confirmed atheist be doing reading the ancient text? do tell!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree