1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:091 edit
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    Contrary to my impression of RJHinds, I could not agree more on HIS response to my post, especially his last two sentences.
    To recap, if you don't see it, don't shoot the messenger.
    And I repeat; if you don't agree with the article, go elsewhere to reinforce your agnostic views.
    I appreciate the positive responses, and that's all I'll read on this forum from now on.
    All the rest, don't waste your time here.
    I'm not "enforcing my agnostic views". I'm asking you to clarify which parts you found impressive...

You'll only read positive responses? So basically you're just looking for people to reinforce your beliefs?

Was it the "... trillion, trillion, trillion..." part that impressed you? Are you impressed by people throwing around big numbers?

Is the article impressive only if you want to be impressed? Is that it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:13
    This response clearly shows it hit home. What do they say about "back of the net"?
    Which bits of the article do you think hit home?
  3. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:29
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I'm not "enforcing my agnostic views". I'm asking you to clarify which parts you found impressive...

You'll only read positive responses? So basically you're just looking for people to reinforce your beliefs?

Was it the "... trillion, trillion, trillion..." part that impressed you? Are you impressed by people throwing around big numbers?

I'm sorry if all of this must be spelled out you.
    It confirms you are just looking for an argument. This is not the debate forum.
    All the posters on this forum explained to you how many times before, and you still come back for more "punishment".
    Please let it rest.
    Some of us really love the information we find on the net that confirms the existence
    of God as our Creator.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:34
    I'm sorry if all of this must be spelled out you.
    It confirms you are just looking for an argument. This is not the debate forum.
    All the posters on this forum explained to you how many times before, and you still come back for more "punishment".
    Please let it rest.
    Some of us really love the information we find on the net that confirms the existence
    of God as our Creator.
    I'm not looking for any arguments. I mostly just stumble upon them.

What have "all the posters on this forum" explained to me "how many times before" and in what way am I looking for "punishment"? TL,DR: "Wut?"

So you've found information that, to you, confirms your beliefs. I'm asking you to point out which parts in particular impressed you. I would think that you would love to talk about that.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:53
    This is not the debate forum.
    No it is not the Debate Forum, but it is a debate and discussion forum nevertheless.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:58
    Some of us really love the information we find on the net that confirms the existence of God as our Creator.
    The term for this is 'confirmation bias' and relying on it heavily is a weak way of heading into a discussion on a debate forum such as this. Which bit of the material that you cited in the OP do you think was especially "impressive" or that "confirms" what you already believe in an especially effective way?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 00:00
    This is not the debate forum.
    "Has science discovered god?".
    Do you only want "YES"s ???

Do you want
    "Great link Mammy!"

Because to be honest it is full of lies and inaccuracies and gross misrepresentation and exaggeration.
  8. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 07:50
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Has science discovered god?".
    Do you only want "YES"s ???

Do you want
    "Great link Mammy!"

Because to be honest it is full of lies and inaccuracies and gross misrepresentation and exaggeration.
    You are not trying hard enough.
    I'm sorry if faith is a swear word to you.
    But do not worry, faith will come to you.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 08:15
    It doesn't matter how much 'faith' you have, it won't change the fact that science has not discovered God, and the article you linked to contains significant inaccuracies. That you clearly do not want to know about those inaccuracies nor discuss the article with anyone who might point them out only shows that your 'faith' is weak and based on your desires not what you know to be true. You are afraid the truth will destroy your faith.
  10. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 08:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It doesn't matter how much 'faith' you have, it won't change the fact that science has not discovered God, and the article you linked to contains significant inaccuracies. That you clearly do not want to know about those inaccuracies nor discuss the article with anyone who might point them out only shows that your 'faith' is weak and based on your desires not what you know to be true. You are afraid the truth will destroy your faith.
    I was waiting for twithead to respond.
    Thanks, you made my say.
    sala gahle.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 10:07
    Science has not discovered "God" and it never will until there is a clear picture of what God is supposed to be and how one would measure it empirically.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 10:37
    No matter how hard I try I cannot turn lies into truth.

No matter how much faith I have the unreal will not become real.

I am not worried.

😉
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 11:31
    Originally posted by Great King Rat

I bet it is the "billions of years" that impress you.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '15 17:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I bet it is the "billions of years" that impress you.
    Not particulary. I am quite impressed though with how humankind managed to figure that out.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 14:102 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Science has not discovered "God" and it never will until there is a clear picture of what God is supposed to be and how one would measure it empirically.
    Since God is outside the physical world, then it would be like trying to measure mind, will, and emotions with a scale. Scientists will never discover God with that kind of thinking. But those of us that can use our whole being to help in the discovery do not need an actual measurement to know when we encounter something supernatural. 😏

Scientists have examined the Shroud of Turin extensively and still can't determine how the image was made. But the believer knows it is supernatural and scientists will never understand it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree