1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 15:42
    In an effort to simplify, modernized and sex up the bible, a new edition has been commissioned.

Our primary focus will be on shortening the bible and cutting out all the fluff. For example, the story of Noah's Ark will be shortened to:
    "The people of the world misbehaved with plenty of sex, drugs and rock n'roll. God warned them and told them to knock it off or there would be trouble. With the exception of Noah and his family, nobody listened to God. God told Noah to build build himself a boat, gather up his ass and all the other animals and prepare to get jiggy with it. God flooded the Earth and saved only Noah. After 40 days things settled down and, with the exception of the Unicorns that fell prey to an impromptu barbeque, everybody lived happily ever after."

If you'd like to make a contribution, please post your simplified versions of the bible.
  2. Joined
    15 May '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 16:10
    Lame Dot Com
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 16:49
    The first few words might go like this:

Dear J. Smith,
    The following is a fictional story portraying a possible supernatural cause for everything; it is my opinion of what may well have happened, but probably didn't.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 21:57
    "God has a sense of humour. just look at the platypus." (Dogma)
    I would be glad to help write a new Bible. although i must think thoroughly if it is or not a soul damning blasphemy.
    i am leaning towards not, but i may put to much credit on God's sense of humour. i mean there is only so much an eternal being could endure from us puny mortals
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 Sep '06 22:17
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    In an effort to simplify, modernized and sex up the bible, a new edition has been commissioned.

Our primary focus will be on shortening the bible and cutting out all the fluff. For example, the story of Noah's Ark will be shortened to:
    "The people of the world misbehaved with plenty of sex, drugs and rock n'roll. God warned them and told them to ...[text shortened]...

If you'd like to make a contribution, please post your simplified versions of the bible.
    We need to put a disclaimer in the first page, you know something like "All characters and events portrayed are purely fictional; any similarity to people or events, living or dead (or in between) are purely co-incidental". Just like the missing first page of the current bible.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 05:09
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    We need to put a disclaimer in the first page, you know something like "All characters and events portrayed are purely fictional; any similarity to people or events, living or dead (or in between) are purely co-incidental". Just like the missing first page of the current bible.
    We also need a disclaimer that says: No Midianites were slaughtered in the making of this book. Or: No one was drowned in the making of this book.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 21:08
    Originally posted by rwingett
    We also need a disclaimer that says: No Midianites were slaughtered in the making of this book. Or: No one was drowned in the making of this book.
    Or: This book has been approved by rwingett, so stuff any of the sensibilities the rest of youse may have, and align thou-self with him.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    30 Sep '06 21:24
    As the original Bible was not deliberately written as such, especially the new testament, I fail to see how a new edition could be written that way. What we need to do is form a council of self-important people--most everyone here would qualify for inclusion. We can call it the Coucil of RHP. The Council will then gather together every piece of writing that even mentions God (or if this is to be a Christian Bible, then everything that mentions Christ). Then, before going through the piles of documents before them, the Council needs to establish exactly what they want the Bible II to say. Finally they would systematically sift through the literature and pick out pieces that conform to this preset ideal and dogma. The jetsam left over will be burned in a giant bonfire and damned as heresy. Bind all the choice items together and voila! Bible II.
  9. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Oct '06 17:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Or: This book has been approved by rwingett, so stuff any of the sensibilities the rest of youse may have, and align thou-self with him.
    thyself
  10. over your head
    Moves
    01 Oct '06 23:17
    If you want a shorter, sexed-up version of the Bible try this

http://www.thebricktestament.com
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 01:46
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And: no animals or Freakys were harmed during the making of this book.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 06:22
    Originally posted by Siskin
    If you want a shorter, sexed-up version of the Bible try this

http://www.thebricktestament.com
    I thought "Four Massacres and a Wedding" was very uplifting; there's nothing like mass slaughter with some incest thrown in to make us appreciate the grandeur of Almighty God's plan. I just hope that they don't put that twit Hugh Grant in the movie version.
  13. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    02 Oct '06 06:58
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

"The people of the world misbehaved with plenty of sex, drugs and rock n'roll. God warned them and told them to ...[text shortened]...

After all the stories has been shortened,modernized, simplified and sexed up, what are you gonna do with it?

I believe God does have a sense of humour, but this is lame.

I hope this goes nowhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree