1. Joined
    01 May '05
    Moves
    08 May '05 21:55
    Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 May '05 21:55
    Can it be on tha booty watch?
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    09 May '05 00:38
    Corinthians, I think. Paul's most inspired writing--indeed, the most impressive writing in the Bible--is to be found there.
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 May '05 03:42
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Corinthians, I think. Paul's most inspired writing--indeed, the most impressive writing in the Bible--is to be found there.
    I Corinthians 13.

Often misquoted and misunderstood.

Nemesio
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '05 03:48
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Can it be on tha booty watch?
    Halla!

ES
  6. Not Kansas
    Moves
    09 May '05 04:19
    Originally posted by Quintessence
    Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    Mine says "Charity" but hey ...
    Just had a thought of what a task it must have been to translate that and try to get it right. I wonder what discussions were had ...
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 May '05 07:01
    Originally posted by Quintessence
    nice passage...will take me a while to make sense of it...

do you think all the descriptive words and phrases are necessary? if someone actually spoke like that to me i'd laugh uncontrollably. not at them, per se, but just at the seeming inefficiency of it. seems like a lot of words to communicate what may well boil down to a simple concept.

maybe all the parts of the passage are necessary to give a full description?
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 May '05 17:20
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    nice passage...will take me a while to make sense of it...

do you think all the descriptive words and phrases are necessary? if someone actually spoke like that to me i'd laugh uncontrollably. not at them, per se, but just at the seeming inefficiency of it. seems like a lot of words to communicate what may well boil down to a simple concept.

maybe all the parts of the passage are necessary to give a full description?
    Think of it as poetry. Poetry uses redundancy to elicit an affective response. This passage
    from St Paul's letter is utilizing that sort of repetition, not because the reader doesn't get it,
    but because the reader might be inspired to get it through the artistry of delivery.

This is why this passage is (over- and mis-)used at weddings. It's pretty and florid.

Nemesio
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 May '05 18:20
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is why this passage is (over- and mis-)used at weddings. It's pretty and florid.

Nemesio
    i had to look up the word "florid" in the dictionary. having done so, i think florid is a great word to describe the passage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree