1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 18:30
    There is a body of literature related to sacred or temple prostitutes. I am aware of some in the Old Testament, but there is this theme in literature from a variety of cultures. Have any of you had an experience with a sacred prostitute?
  2. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 18:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    There is a body of literature related to sacred or temple prostitutes. I am aware of some in the Old Testament, but there is this theme in literature from a variety of cultures. Have any of you had an experience with a sacred prostitute?
    A hooker in Soho tried to steal my phone once.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 18:46
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Was there a sacred calling for her in this attempted theft?
  4. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 18:54
    Was there a sacred calling for her in this attempted theft?
    She could have been one of the little-known Urban Amish (she was showing rather more than her ankles though), sent by God to eliminate the evils of cellular technology. Maybe this story belongs in the Amish thread.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 19:08
    I used to have a pastor colleague and when we had had a particularly stressful time, we would go to lunch at Hooters. What a delightful joy it was to have a beautiful young woman who would give you her undivided attention. We always left feeling better than when we arrived. Is this not a function of church or at least the way it should be in theory?
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 19:59
    I used to have a pastor colleague and when we had had a particularly stressful time, we would go to lunch at Hooters. What a delightful joy it was to have a beautiful young woman who would give you her undivided attention. We always left feeling better than when we arrived. Is this not a function of church or at least the way it should be in theory?
    Is this not a function of church or at least the way it should be in theory?

From Jacob Needleman, Lost Christianity: A Journey of Rediscovery:

JN: “Has it ever occurred to anyone that the whole corruption of religion, and therefore of civilization, begins when the work of self-knowledge becomes subjectively less interesting than sexual fulfillment?”

Father Vincent: “And when this fact isn’t squarely seen and accepted!”
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 20:13
    No, alas. But I feel there is much to be said for conservative values if they lead to the revival of neglected traditions.
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 21:53
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    No, alas. But I feel there is much to be said for conservative values if they lead to the revival of neglected traditions.
    ROFL!!! 🙂
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 00:52
    Nice to see you like my avatar so much you decided to copy it. I'm truly flattered. Recognition at last.

The slogan Ivanhoe U Akhbar is a bit too much recognition I'm afraid, but nevertheless very flattering.
  10. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 00:58
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Nice to see you like my avatar so much you decided to copy it. I'm truly flattered. Recognition at last.

The slogan Ivanhoe U Akhbar is a bit too much recognition I'm afraid, but nevertheless very flattering.
    Surely you have heard the Good News! You sent your only Son to be the Most Holy Forum Christ, for the good of the forum sinners.

Ivanahu Akhbar!
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 01:02
    Surely you have heard the Good News! You sent your only Son to be the Most Holy Forum Christ, for the good of the forum sinners.

Ivanahu Akhbar!
    Have I indeed ?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 01:39
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Ivanhoe, are you familiar with this concept? Isn't prostitution legal in the Netherlands? I am wondering if making it legal offers more opportunity for holiness to enter the picture.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 01:50
    Ivanhoe, are you familiar with this concept? Isn't prostitution legal in the Netherlands? I am wondering if making it legal offers more opportunity for holiness to enter the picture.
    I hear there are a lot of hoertjes near the Oudekerke. I am trying to learn Dutch as well.
  14. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 01:55
    I hear muslims are promised to go heaven with virgins if the die in a glorious manner.

Obviously there would be more motivation if they were tempted with sex experts rather than novices.

And as someone pointed out in another thread: What happens to all these virgins when they are no longer virgins?
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 01:58
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I hear muslims are promised to go heaven with virgins if the die in a glorious manner.

Obviously there would be more motivation if they were tempted with sex experts rather than novices.

And as someone pointed out in another thread: What happens to all these virgins when they are no longer virgins?
    That seems to be what we call "pie in the sky" theology. I was more interested in a conversion experience on earth if you know what I'm sayin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree