1. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49975
    15 Sep '06 00:30
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    simple? yes...

    any thoughts?
    Not simple at all.
    Trouble is, any idiot can be a parent.
    So, honouring and all that is going to depend on whether your parents are actually worth honouring.

    No one should be accorded automatic respect from someone else simply by virtue of a position that they hold. Respect needs to be earned.
  2. Club 64
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    1437
    15 Sep '06 00:56
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    simple? yes...

    any thoughts?
    As a Christian....I believe that you should give your parent(s) respect....as God commands you to in the 5th commandment of the 10 commandments......
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    15 Sep '06 00:59
    No because if you do any other sins like murder or steal or lie you dishonor your parents/family name.
  4. Club 64
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    1437
    15 Sep '06 01:04
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No because if you do any other sins like murder or steal or lie you dishonor your parents/family name.
    True.......I guess what I should have said was follow all commandments, but the particular commandment for honoring your parent(s) is no. 5
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    15 Sep '06 01:05
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    True.......I guess what I should have said was follow all commandments, but the particular commandment for honoring your parent(s) is no. 5
    I go that Idea from the Way of the Master TV show.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    15 Sep '06 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    over the last while my own mother got caught in a bad place and dished out hell on me, because of her following a BS god/system/society.

    i honoured her by being totally ignorant, and left her in tears many times....
    That makes you a bad person as well as a bad Christian.

    EDIT: Which BS god/system/society did she follow?
  7. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    2969
    15 Sep '06 17:48
    In Asia, you don't get a gift for your birthday.

    Instead you give a gift to your mom because that's the day she took the risk of dying to give birth to you.
  8. Upstate NY
    Joined
    28 Sep '04
    Moves
    61
    15 Sep '06 18:47
    Originally posted by Jee
    In Asia, you don't get a gift for your birthday.

    Instead you give a gift to your mom because that's the day she took the risk of dying to give birth to you.
    Hey that's pretty neat! Is it a specific culture you speak of or do many cultures practice this?
  9. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    2969
    15 Sep '06 18:491 edit
    I learn that in Lao, not sure about the rest, but that's the kind of thinking they will have over there in Asia.
Back to Top