Moves
    23 Nov '15 22:431 edit
    I will deliver the people from the power of The Gravedigger
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 13:122 edits
    Hosea 12:13

"From the power of Sheol I will ransom them; From death I will redeem them.

Where are your plagues, O death? Where is your destruction, O Sheol? Repentance will be hidden from My eyes."

The word of God says no one is able to ransom himself in God's economy.

"None can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom [expiation] for him

(For the redemption of their soul is costly And must be given up forever),

That he would yet live always And not see corruption [lit. the pit]." (Psalm 49:7-9)
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 21:24
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    I will deliver the people from the power of The Gravedigger
    Nice quote GD
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 04:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b]Hosea 12:13

"From the power of Sheol I will ransom them; From death I will redeem them.

Where are your plagues, O death? Where is your destruction, O Sheol? Repentance will be hidden from My eyes."

The word of God says no one is able to ransom himself in God's economy.

"None can by any means redeem ...[text shortened]... ould yet live always And not see corruption [lit. the pit]." (Psalm 49:7-9)
    [/b]
    Jehovah was willing to accept Jesus sacrifice so Jesus was able to do it.
    (Mark 10:45) For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

It is only through that ransom sacrifice that we have hope.
    (Hebrews 10:9, 10) then he says: “Look! I have come to do your will.” He does away with what is first in order to establish what is second. 10 By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.

Only a perfect man could offer a propitiatory sacrifice to offset Adam's aberration.
    (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, .....a man,..... Christ Jesus,
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 06:142 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    (Mark 10:45) For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

(Hebrews 10:9, 10) then he says: “Look! I have come to do your will.” He does away ...[text shortened]... 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, .....a man,..... Christ Jesus,
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)

If Jesus Christ was only a man, then he could only serve to take away the original sin of one man, Adam. Then each of us would still be responsible for the sins we commit. But since Christ Jesus was also God (the WORD), the sins of all men from all eternity can be forgiven if men only believe and put their faith in Him.

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 15:575 edits
    God is scolding Israel that He is about to forsake them because of their sins in Hosea. He dramatically enacts this by commanding the prophet Hosea to go take a wife from the harlots of the city. This He does to demonstrate how their unfathfulness to Him has hurt His loving heart.

It is very interesting. Verse 9 is literally "I will not be the I AM to you."

"And He said, Call his name Lo-ammi, For you are not My people, And I will not belong to you." (Hos. 1:9)

The footnote to this verse in the Recovery Version says it literally means -

"For you are not My people, [And I will not be the I AM to you." ]

Young's Literal comes near to saying such:

Young's Literal Translation
    and He saith, 'Call his name Lo-Ammi, for ye are not My people, and I am not for you;
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 00:421 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)

If Jesus Christ was only a man, then he could only serve to take away the original sin of one man, Adam. Then ...[text shortened]... n only believe and put their faith in Him.

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Within the loins of Adam was the entire human race.
    He lost everlasting life for all of us.
    The sacrifice of Jesus is so great that it covers all that Adam lost for all humanity..
    Jesus is God's first-born, the first creative work God personally made, and most loved of all the creation.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 04:59
    Within the loins of Adam was the entire human race.
    He lost everlasting life for all of us.
    The sacrifice of Jesus is so great that it covers all that Adam lost for all humanity..
    Jesus is God's first-born, the first creative work God personally made, and most loved of all the creation.
    Where in scripture does it say such a thing?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 20:05
    No, nooooooooooooo...

Back to Colossians 1:15 for the zillionth time.

They'll never admit that they don't get this verse.

They figure that "firstborn" means "first to be born (or created by God), not "first (or preeminent) above all creation" as every other Christian denomination takes it.

I've already gone to battle with RC over this.
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 21:02
    I'm with you on that one Pastor.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 04:343 edits

(Hebrews 10:9, 10) then he says: “Look! I have come to do your will.” He does away ...[text shortened]... 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, .....a man,..... Christ Jesus,
    Yahshua (Jesus) is another name for Yahweh (Jehovah).
    (Hosea 13:14)

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV)

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD !!!
    Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree