1. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    236
    16 Jul '08 03:411 edit
    ...,Who acknowledges the bible contains God's word's ignore this.
    The bible is full of these kinds of verses. Think God is trying to make a point?
    Psalms 14:1-3
    (1) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
    (2) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
    (3) They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

    Job 15:16
    (16) How much more abominable and filthy is man, which drinketh iniquity like water?

    Mark 7:20-23
    (20) And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
    (21) For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
    (22) Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
    (23) All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

    Galatians 5:19-21
    (19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    (20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    (21) Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

    Romans 3:9-12
    (9) What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
    (10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    (11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    (12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

    James 1:13-15
    (13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
    (14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    (15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

    Genesis 6:5
    (5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.


    Matthew 15:8-9
    (8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
  2. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    16 Jul '08 23:05
    Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
    ...,Who acknowledges the bible contains God's word's ignore this.
    The bible is full of these kinds of verses. Think God is trying to make a point?
    Psalms 14:1-3
    (1) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
    (2) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the chi ...[text shortened]... from me.
    (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    The people who wrote the Bible were apparently masochistic, self-loathing delusional peoples who were under some sort of influence.
  3. Standard memberDrimachus
    Christian
    England
    Joined
    29 Mar '08
    Moves
    9889
    20 Jul '08 13:27
    The people who wrote the Bible were apparently masochistic, self-loathing delusional peoples who were under some sort of influence
    What was masochistic etc., about them exactly? And they were certainly under an influence - that of the Holy Spirit.
  4. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    20 Jul '08 14:211 edit
    Originally posted by Drimachus
    What was masochistic etc., about them exactly? And they were certainly under an influence - that of the Holy Spirit.
    What was masochistic etc., about them exactly?

    Only what they did to themselves and non-believers. And believers. See the first post for more.

    And they were certainly under an influence - that of the Holy Spirit.

    I was referring to a hallucinogenic influence. Maybe mushrooms.
  5. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    21 Jul '08 10:08
    we do not ignore anything in the bible, but know and accept we are not perfect in the sight of god, so goes the feeling of our own frailties, but we also do not ignore that if we strive to achive gods work our faith and efforts will not be overlooked at our time and seek to be with the lambs of god.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Jul '08 11:33
    Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
    ...,Who acknowledges the bible contains God's word's ignore this.
    The bible is full of these kinds of verses. Think God is trying to make a point?
    Psalms 14:1-3
    (1) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
    (2) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the chi ...[text shortened]... from me.
    (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    I simply don't understand it. For the most part mankind is trustworthy and peaceful in nature. 😛
  7. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    21 Jul '08 20:11
    Originally posted by stoker
    we do not ignore anything in the bible, but know and accept we are not perfect in the sight of god, so goes the feeling of our own frailties, but we also do not ignore that if we strive to achive gods work our faith and efforts will not be overlooked at our time and seek to be with the lambs of god.
    Why is it that people randomly insert little Christian verses in threads with absolutely no relevance? Is it something like, "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."?
  8. SEMO
    Joined
    13 Jun '08
    Moves
    93
    21 Jul '08 20:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    I simply don't understand it. For the most part mankind is trustworthy and peaceful in nature. 😛
    Man is trustworthy and peaceful? What planet do you live on?
  9. SEMO
    Joined
    13 Jun '08
    Moves
    93
    21 Jul '08 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
    ...,Who acknowledges the bible contains God's word's ignore this.
    The bible is full of these kinds of verses. Think God is trying to make a point?
    Psalms 14:1-3
    (1) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
    (2) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the chi ...[text shortened]... from me.
    (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    SmoothCowboy, I, for one, in now wise ignore these passages. In fact, they show the nature of man and how they can not and will not come to the Lord without the Lord quickening them to spiritual life.
  10. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    22 Jul '08 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Man is trustworthy and peaceful? What planet do you live on?
    He is comatose. He thinks he's living sometime like 1,000,000 BC
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    22 Jul '08 01:04
    Originally posted by SmoothCowboy
    ...,Who acknowledges the bible contains God's word's ignore this.....
    Well I guess this is the operative parameter, isn't it.
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    22 Jul '08 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    In fact, they show the nature of man and how they [b]can not and will not come to the Lord without the Lord quickening them to spiritual life.[/b]
    There's nothing like revoking free will to drive a 'faith-filled' life.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Jul '08 05:511 edit
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Man is trustworthy and peaceful? What planet do you live on?
    I was joking of course to make my point that the opposite conclusion is inane. No one gets my humor. :'(
  14. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    22 Jul '08 09:15
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Why is it that people randomly insert little Christian verses in threads with absolutely no relevance? Is it something like, "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."?
    there i agree with you i often hear paul said this or it is written in and when i get to check they either miss quote or use it different to its meaning. but when i start doing it that maybe the time for me to seek help. in all but a few threads ive used my understanding and knowledge to give guidence and leave it to the reader to understand which is how i enjoy to learn, and discuss scripture
  15. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    22 Jul '08 13:41
    Originally posted by stoker
    there i agree with you i often hear paul said this or it is written in and when i get to check they either miss quote or use it different to its meaning. but when i start doing it that maybe the time for me to seek help. in all but a few threads ive used my understanding and knowledge to give guidence and leave it to the reader to understand which is how i enjoy to learn, and discuss scripture
    Don't repeat everything you hear. Else whenever someone criticized me in Debates, I would say:

    "You misunderestimated me."
Back to Top