1. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 15:095 edits
    Language is man made and fallable. It describes our needs and our nature
    and can be interpreted in many different ways.
    How can we really successfully believe that we are describing God through it?

Isn't a believe in God, described through text also a belief in language?

If so, why should we have a greater belief in the English language than
    we do in the subtelties of other languages like that of Islam?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 15:24
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck

"Language is man made and fallable."

Man is fallable. God created language.
  3. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 15:353 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Language is man made and fallable."

Man is fallable. God created language.
    Actually, I disagree. To me perfection is absolute truth and understanding.

Being a man, I can only find that through my own existence and expression,
    therefore I believe myself to be perfect. I am unable to sway from this
    because by doing so, I must believe myself fallable and therefore cannot
    trust any of my beliefs.

God is an expression of my language which is fallable, therefore I believe
    God to be fallable.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 15:58
    I agree, so how can we expect to use something that is fallible to describe somthing that is perfect?

Didn't God create the language of Islam and the prophet Mohammed too?
    By doing the best we can.

No one living has perfect understanding of anything. That's obvious. And some people spend their entire lives believing in something that isn't true. It would be horrible to think I believed a lie.

So how does one find out what the truth really is about God. The answer is simple, and there is no other way. Read and study His Word, the Bible. It will take a long time. I've been doing it for over 25 years, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. But it has been a joy doing it. I don't want to make it sound as if you can't get certain fundamentals clearified quickly. You will. But spiritual truth about the deep things of God requires deligent hard work and study. It not a finite thing. It's eternal.

2 Tim. 2:15 Study to show thyself aproved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 15:391 edit

No one living has perfect understanding of anything. That's obvious. And some people spend their entire lives believing in something that isn't true. It would be horrible to think I believed a lie.

So how does one find out what the truth really is about God. The answer is simple, and there is no other way. Read and study His d unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    you must be careful what you pick from the bible, some stuff will give you nightmares
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:58

Man has indeed added to language; however, as joseph points out, God gave man language with which to express himself, learn about God... as well as converse with God.
  7. Australia
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 22:15

So how does one find out what the truth really is about God. The answer is simple, and there is no other way. Read and study His ...[text shortened]... d unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    It saddens me that you have wasted your life studying a piece of literature which are the words of MAN not god. Spend what time you have left studying something real, forget the supernatural, life will be much more satisfying.

We will all pray for you.
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 22:17

Why English? why not Latin, or Hebrew?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 00:51
    What god are we talking about here? Very few stand the test of time..Apollo and Zeus used to be all the rage onetime then Yahweh the old testament psychopath and his apologist Christ came along. Christianity cannot be seen as a respectable religion as long as it features Jesus, a man who claims as a father a god whose character revealed in the Old Testament is so flawed that it looks like a diabolical plan to discredit the godhead in its entirety. In what way is torturing a part of yourself and allowing it to be killed going to buy off your own wrath against your pets? Nonsense. Continue worshiping this sheep. Baah! Baah!
  10. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    01 Apr '08 18:16
    Originally posted by Diodorus Siculus
    What god are we talking about here? Very few stand the test of time..Apollo and Zeus used to be all the rage onetime then Yahweh the old testament psychopath and his apologist Christ came along. Christianity cannot be seen as a respectable religion as long as it features Jesus, a man who claims as a father a god whose character revealed in the Old T ...[text shortened]... buy off your own wrath against your pets? Nonsense. Continue worshiping this sheep. Baah! Baah!
    Good points.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 10:18
    So how does one find out what the truth really is about God. The answer is simple, and there is no other way. Read and study His Word, the Bible. It will take a long time. I've been doing it for over 25 years, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. But it has been a joy doing it. I don't want to make it sound as if you can't get certain fundamentals cle ...[text shortened]... p things of God requires deligent hard work and study. It not a finite thing. It's eternal.
    But why should we believe you that that is the right and only way? If I did that I would be starting out with some major assumptions all based on the word of someone I have never met -without even the most basic reasoning to back it up.
    And how do you explain the fact that the fundamentals you got fairly quickly and the rest you got over the 25 years differs significantly from what others got who have similarly studied it for 25 years or longer? Surely such differences must mean:
    1. One of you is wrong.
    2. Either one of you is not using the technique you mention, or the technique does not work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree