1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 15:29
    By muscle?
    By fighting?

Does the Bible say man can get into God?
    If so how can man get into God?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 16:18
    @sonship said
    By muscle?
    By fighting?

Does the Bible say man can get into God?
    If so how can man get into God?
    The 4 in 1 godhead of witness Lee?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 16:311 edit
    @divegeester

Dive, man cannot get into God in His, let us say . . . hmmm.

I don't want to offend anyone. And I am not sure how to put it.
    Man cannot get into the God who for example Paul says dwells in unapproachable light.

" . . . the blessed and only Sovereign . . . the King of those who reign as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, Who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen nor can see, to whom be honor and eternal might. Amen" (1 Timothy 51b-16)

UNAPPROACHABLE. God dwelling in unapproachable light.

Let me say that this is the PRE- incarnated, died, resurrected God that no man can enter into or even approach.

Man cannot get into God in this His state before Christ said that He would go and prepare a place for us in God.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 16:37
    Before Jesus went to the cross He promised that He would go and prepare a place for us. Where is this place He went to prepare for us.

Traditional Christianity has usually thought this place is Heaven.
    Many of us thought John 14:2,3 was about Jesus going to prepare mansions for the saved in heaven. Here is the misunderstood passage:

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe into God, believe also into Me.

In My Father's house are many abodes; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am you also may be." (John 14:1-3)

Man cannot get into God UNTIL Christ went to the CROSS to die and prepare a place for man IN GOD.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 16:442 edits
    Man cannot get into God.
    Man cannot get into God before Jesus went to "prepare a place for you" in God by His redemptive death and resurrection.

No, John 14:1,-3 is not about Jesus going to Heaven to hang curtains and prepare chandeliers and lay patios for billions of beautiful mansions.

Jesus went to prepare a way for man to get into the Father's house by shedding His redeeming blood to remove man's sins that man COULD contact God and even enter into God yet not become the Godhead.

Read this again. Can it hurt ?

"In My Father's house are many abodes [not mansions] ; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place FOR YOU."

Jesus is saying in essence "You have seen that I in the Father and the Father is in Me. He abides in Me. I abide in Him. If ONLY I could enjoy this wonderful reality I would have TOLD you that you can forget about you enjoying it to. But I go now to prepare a way for YOU sinners to get into that Father's house too."
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 17:043 edits
    Jesus was saying " I would have TOLD you, if no one but I could enjoy this mutual dwelling in the Father.

He goes to Calvary to die and PREPARE a place because in His Father's house there are "many abodes" .

"In My Father's house are many abodes; if it were not so I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you."

We can enter into an living union with God Himself because Jesus went to the cross and died for our sins. In doing so He prepared a place for us in the Father's house of MANY abodes not just one abode - Jesus Himself.

And He rose from the dead to receive us to Him that where He is we also may be - in God the Father.

" And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again [in RESURRECTION] and will receive you to Myself, so that where I am you also may be." (v.3)

But the disciples were still perplexed. And John was faithful to record their perplexity.

"And where I am going you know the way?

Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way? "

Jesus' answer tells of the WAY and the PLACE to which He is going. It is a living Person. It is God the Father.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 17:38
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I don't want to offend anyone. And I am not sure how to put it.
    Man cannot get into the God who for example Paul says dwells in unapproachable light.

[b]" . . . the blessed and only Sovereign . . . the King of those who reign as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, Who alone has immorta ...[text shortened]... et into God in this His state before Christ said that He would go and prepare a place for us in God.
    Good to hear you have abandoned the teachings of Witness Lee.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 19:541 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Good to hear you have abandoned the teachings of Witness Lee.
    Good to hear you've decided to renounce atheism in favor of believing the Bible.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:31
    @sonship said
    Good to hear you've decided to renounce atheism in favor of believing the Bible.
    I'm consistent in my atheism while you frequently fail to hear what Lee is really telling you.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 01:30
    Well, this was a throwaway thread from the start...
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 06:10
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Go on then...tell us your answer.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:071 edit
    "In My Father's house are many abodes."

The KJV translated abodes as "mansions". This gave people the concept that the Father's house was a giant collection of luxurious mansions. But "abodes" is the plural of the same word found in verse 23 where Christ says He and the Father will come to His lover as the divine "We" and make an abode with him.

" Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he ill keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an ABODE with him." (v.23)

Now we know how the Father's house becomes a house of "many abodes" The many abodes are all the redeemed human beings who love Christ, keep His word, and have the divine "We" come to make an abode in.

We could not get in unless Christ had gone to the cross to prepare a place for redeemed sinners to become many abodes in the Father's living house.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:16
    @sonship said
    "In My Father's house are many abodes."

The KJV translated abodes as "mansions". This gave people the concept that the Father's house was a giant collection of luxurious mansions. But "abodes" is the plural of the same word found in verse 23 where Christ says He and the Father will come to His lover as the divine "We" and make an abode with him. ...[text shortened]... he cross to prepare a place for redeemed sinners to become many abodes in the Father's living house.
    Abode with.

Not, abode in.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:182 edits
    Christ dies on the cross and rose from the dead to receive lost sinners into God the Father to be "many abodes" in "My Father's house".

Each and every saved man who His comes with His Father to "make an abode with him" (14:23) has had a place prepared for him in God the Father.

The way INTO the house of the Father is Christ -
    "I am the way . . ."

The reality of the house of the Father is Christ -
    " I am the way and the reality . . . "

And the life which is eternal and comes into the saved joining them to God is Christ -
    "I am the way and the reality and the life."

Coming into the living eternal Father's house is through Jesus Christ.
    "No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Man can get into God only taking the way of Christ, having the reality of Christ, and the life of Christ.

Jesus by going to Calvary to prepare a place for His lovers told the twelve that if they really knew Him they would know God the Father.

"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and henceforth you know Him and have seen Him." (v.7)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:28
    The abodes in the Father's house are many.
    If there were only one He would have told us so.

The verb form of the word "abode" and "abodes" is ABIDE. And in the next chapter Jesus tells His lovers and followers to ABIDE in Him and in return He ABIDES in them.

"Abide in Me and I in you." (John 15:4a)

Abodes, abode, and abide - all words pointing to Christ bring man into a mutual indwelling of God and man. He went to die and rise in order to prepare a way for man to enter into God and God to enter into man.

"T]hat day", being the day of resurrection, His disciples would know that the one abode has become the many abodes in God.

"Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer, but you behold Me; because I live, you also shall live. In that day you will know that I am in My Father , and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:20)

What an interpenetration of God and man. What a mingling of divinity and humanity. This is Christ taking steps to fulfill the eternal purpose of the Triune God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree