1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 18:35
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I read on the radio once
    Perhaps you should listen more carefully to the newspaper.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 18:36
    I read on the radio once people taking about all the different Bible's of the religions and the Holy Bible would probably have an error of about .002% though the 200 years. Other bibles like the muslim crayon(koran) would have about 20% and the Budist bible would have about 10% and the list of bibles goes on.
    "I read on the radio" Well what can i say apart from how?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 18:37
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Perhaps you should listen more carefully to the newspaper.
    The News Paper is not Christian. That is what radio station it was.
    News papers are mostly libreal. The radio is not.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 18:42
    The News Paper is not Christian. That is what radio station it was.
    News papers are mostly libreal. The radio is not.
    Correct me if i am wrong but don't you listen to the radio and read the paper? Thats how it is in England but well The USA is a very diffrent place...
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 19:05
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    Correct me if i am wrong but don't you listen to the radio and read the paper? Thats how it is in England but well The USA is a very diffrent place...
    Magazines.

I only get the paper on Sunday's but I only read the Sports section if I even read it at all. I watch T.V. for my news.
  6. Jupiter
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 19:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Supposedly, you have now cornered the market on defining words, specifically, moderate.

Without addressing your ignorance on the historicity of biblical accounts, you are assuming somehow that currently held views of any historical event are the standard. How fundamental of you.
    Supposedly, when one uses a word, one automatically defines it and corner the market in doing so?

Remember to assume is to make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'; which you do eloquently.

I do not propose we have a clear view of the past, most do not even have a clear view of the present. Religion is one of the things that further distorts both past and present.
  7. Jupiter
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 19:08
    Magazines.

I only get the paper on Sunday's but I only read the Sports section if I even read it at all. I watch T.V. for my news.
    ... and the other main reality distorter is the media, be it radio, newspaper or television, very little fact is portrayed without a huge amount of spin.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 19:30
    Originally posted by fooey
    Supposedly, when one uses a word, one automatically defines it and corner the market in doing so?

Remember to assume is to make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'; which you do eloquently.

Religion is one of the things that further distorts both past and present.
    When one uses a word, one is responsible for using it correctly, so as to convey accuracy. When you say the majority of moderate Christians, you are in error with the use of the word 'moderate' and/or 'majority.'

Assuming I made an ass out of me is acceptable, as long as you were along for the ride.

With your shift of Bible to religion, you are changing the topic.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 19:31
    That distinction was lost on them, it appears. I thought for certain I would be the leader of the band, but it appears only you and I heard the song.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 19:41
    You have no idea how different.

Ya'll likely have liberal papers, we have Lib Real. Your radios pick up broadcasts, our radios are bona fide conservatives, and Christian ones to boot.

We read our radios, watch our newspapers, and listen to our telly.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 21:36
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is wrong. Classical scholars correct and amend manuscripts of all of these
    authors all the time. They note additions and changes, they note errors and
    make commentaries.

They also indicate where Tacitus, Herodotus or whoever is just plain wrong in
    their histories.

These very techniques -- the ones honed and refined with these classical autho ...[text shortened]... ing to refuse to acknolwedge that same work when applied to
    the Christian Scripture.

Nemesio
    Do you consider yourself a bible scholar?
  12. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 21:52
    i think that Jesus did exist. I think he was a great guy. And I also think that people would benefit from following some of the stuff he said. But a lot of the directives given in the Old Testament are just morally wrong. (putting someone to death who works on the Sabbath, for example.)
  13. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 21:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My educated guess....95%....
    The 5% is error in translation....just a guess mind you..
    Is your faith in God a guess, too?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 22:04
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Is your faith in God a guess, too?
    No sir...it is solid. How bout yours?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree