1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 05:13
    If you are having trouble accepting the reality of God follow this fail proof process..

No need to embrace any religious doctrine and it is theism for dummies.

The process is......

1. Embrace all the honesty you can find.

2. Grab hold of the teleological principle and the anthropic principle and combine them together.

3. Embrace the ontological method.

4. And mix the whole lot together for 48 hours and in the end you will be a true blue theist.

Particular labels of persuasion for your new theism is not included.

If this does not work check number 1. and increase that quality ten fold -then give yourself another 24 hours.

It has a 100% success rate.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 05:57
    Originally posted by Dasa
    If you are having trouble accepting the reality of God follow this fail proof process..

The process is......

2. Grab hold of the teleological principle and the anthropic principle and combine them together.

3. Embrace the ontological m ...[text shortened]... rease that quality ten fold -then give yourself another 24 hours.

Just out of curiosity, why does this process take 48 hours?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 06:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just out of curiosity, why does this process take 48 hours?
    To activate and contemplate and process all the steps.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 07:16
    If you are having trouble accepting the reality of God follow this fail proof process.
    Why would anybody want to do that?

ie stop reading Dasa posts. I'm trying to, but for some reason I just cant help it.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 07:41

The process is......

3. Embrace the ontological m ...[text shortened]... rease that quality ten fold -then give yourself another 24 hours.

Ever heard of "Stone Soup"? Each post to this thread contributes to the pot.

6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Ever heard of "Stone Soup"? Each post to this thread contributes to the pot.

Hi Gramp, how zit hangin?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:28

The process is......

I am sure your recipe must be good, but I doubt anybody on this forum
    will follow it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 09:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why would anybody want to do that?

[b]1. Embrace all the honesty you can find.

ie stop reading Dasa posts. I'm trying to, but for some reason I just cant help it.[/b]
    Lol, me too! It's like a crazy soap opera.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 10:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds

I am sure your recipe must be good, but I doubt anybody on this forum
    will follow it.
    Stone Soup

RJ, surely you're aware of the folk story origin of this soup recipe. Sadly, various versions of it are offered 24/7/365 on this forum, in particular, with many naive and foolish posters unwittingly contributing to the op perpetrators' pot daily.

"Some travellers come to a village, carrying nothing more than an empty cooking pot. Upon their arrival, the villagers are unwilling to share any of their food stores with the hungry travellers. So the travellers go to the neck of the stream and fill the pot with water, drop a large stone in it, and place it over a fire . One of the villagers becomes curious and asks what they are doing. The travellers answer that they are making "stone soup", which tastes wonderful, although it still needs a little bit of garnish to improve the flavor, which they are missing. The villager does not mind parting with just a little bit of carrot to help them out, so it gets added to the soup. Another villager walks by, inquiring about the pot, and the travellers again mention their stone soup which has not reached its full potential yet. The villager hands them a little bit of seasoning to help them out. More and more villagers walk by, each adding another ingredient. Finally, a delicious and nourishing pot of soup is enjoyed by all." -wiki

10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 10:041 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hi Gramp, how zit hangin?
    So, so. Has your rash cleared up?

.😉
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 15:43
    [b]Stone Soup

RJ, surely you're aware of the folk story origin of this soup recipe. Sadly, various versions of it are offered 24/7/365 on this forum, in particular, with many naive and foolish posters unwittingly contributing to the op perpetrators' pot daily.

"Some travellers come to a village, carrying nothing more than an empty cooking ...[text shortened]... ingredient. Finally, a delicious and nourishing pot of soup is enjoyed by all." -wiki

.[/b]
    Are you saying that Dasa's recipe will get larger as more people contribute
    to it?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 00:251 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Are you saying that Dasa's recipe will get larger as more people contribute
    to it?
    No. Recipe remains exceedingly simple: water and one stone. As more people contribute, the quantity of soup available for pie holes gets larger. Dasa's certainly entitled to his beliefs and freedom of responsible expression. In my opinion his simplistic formulae will attract the interest of those without absolute confidence in the eternal destiny of their souls. Just as nature abhors a vacuum, so also does an empty soul and it sucks in any and all attractive falsehood presented to its misty eyegate and itching ears.

Edit: Also gnaws at my sense of integrity that his thread's theme suggests any old version of faith will do. Truth was here before we arrived and will still be here long after we're gone. Our critical mission is to apprehend it during our brief sojourn on planet earth.

13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 00:581 edit
    So, so. Has your rash cleared up?

.😉
    Little bit of aloe and presto!

Sounds like we are getting into a soup opera!
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 03:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Little bit of aloe and presto!

Sounds like we are getting into a soup opera!
    You inadvertently stole the words of my next post... 'soup opera'.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree