1. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 01:22
    stay awake make a bad choice pay the consequences spread it around consult another authority be aware we we're talking.

Just kidding..

i'm working the third step kids any and all suggestions are necessary.
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 01:33
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    stay awake make a bad choice pay the consequences spread it around consult another authority be aware we we're talking.

Just kidding..

Don't you have a Big Book or a 12x12?
  3. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 01:37
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Don't you have a Big Book or a 12x12?
    No. And don't know what a 12 X 12 is.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 17:132 edits
    No. And don't know what a 12 X 12 is.
    The Big Book is Alcoholics Anonymous, and is used, so far as I know, by all (or at least most) 12-step groups. “12 x 12” refers to Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions.

Third step is a decision. The subsequent steps are (to my mind) the practical activities aimed at supporting and maintaining that decision as the way to sobriety (with regard to whatever addiction) and sanity.

The whole thing is pragmatic: don’t get tied up in theory or justifications, or allow others to get you tied up. (For example, your “higher power” is your “higher power”—you don’t have to make any theological or philosophical apologetics, even to yourself. That's another game.)

Work the steps under the guidance and counsel of your sponsor. Do go to meetings; do use and rely on your sponsor. If anything anyone here (including me, of course) or elsewhere seems to conflict with the counsel of your sponsor, talk to him/her about it (if it bothers you), but rely on her/him—s/he’s there with you; we’re not.

Be well, and “easy does it”.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 17:29

Just kidding..

Been there, done that. Do whatever it takes to stay strait. For me it boiled down to whether or not I was going to continue to CHOOSE to do the things I did for the same reason I chose to do them when I was 15. So I quit. Problem solved.

I'd be interested in your thoughts about this.
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 17:34

Just kidding..

When I first read this I was convinced you meant you were working on a lecture to give your third group of step kids. Not that you were on the 3rd step of a program.
  7. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 22:41
    Originally posted by Starrman
    When I first read this I was convinced you meant you were working on a lecture to give your third group of step kids. Not that you were on the 3rd step of a program.
    close enough, i am working on my third step. But as the poster above clearly stated, putting reliability creedence and immutable coherence unto drunk-alogs is beyond silly. That much i have determined.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 23:17
    close enough, i am working on my third step. But as the poster above clearly stated, putting reliability creedence and immutable coherence unto drunk-alogs is beyond silly. That much i have determined.
    I know nothing about the steps, could you elaborate?
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    25 Feb '08 23:30
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I know nothing about the steps, could you elaborate?
    Starr, would you consider taking this to “Spirituality Seekers”? If you will, let me know, and I’ll show up there. (This is a topic about which I know a bit, but pretty much don’t talk about on here—except peripherally.) Maybe I’m off-base here, and it’s your call of course (without prejudice, as they say).
  10. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    26 Feb '08 23:431 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Been there, done that. Do whatever it takes to stay strait. For me it boiled down to whether or not I was going to continue to CHOOSE to do the things I did for the same reason I chose to do them when I was 15. So I quit. Problem solved.

I'd be interested in your thoughts about this.
    thanks for you input, it's really appreciated. my bottom is jonesing for the glass demon, that's it, now you know. Now... i can tell that that statement brings alot of people down, even had to "re-examine" the first two, oops i meant the first step, somehow got around that. Also i hate the admit to another human being part... i mean... come on... i already did that when i attempted to work the first step. But i don't wan't this thing my life, whatever to shatter into a gazillion useless shiny pieces, so i carry on, though i know for a fact my behavior is not proper, nor is it acceptable in any sense of the word. It's when people start blaming their problems on their "higher power" at meetings when i begin to feel sick. As in real sick. There is no reason for that, but yes i am holding on to my sobriety, not very well at all, the desire is gone, but still. But to answer your question in a parallel fashion, i can choose not to use, but it is a day to day thing for me, except i like to play guitar. Switching addictions doesn't work, now i am screewed. Like i said the other day at a registered meeting here in San Jose you can't just take the war pigs and the fairies that wear boots out of the picture and expect to make perfect sense outta' your life. And i think of doing psychedelics all the time, but i don't wanna' bring my homies down, if you know what i mean. So i try to bee thoughtful, but that never works, you gotta' trust me on this. i just don't buy those sometimes expressions of guilt. And i was never really an alcoholic, in any real sense of the word, just can't explain. Hope that helps answer your very vibrant and very clear query.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree