1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 12:511 edit
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

I found this very illuminating and thought provoking. Hope it provokes a conversation here.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 13:43
    Originally posted by Phranny

I found this very illuminating and thought provoking. Hope it provokes a conversation here.
    The last line has the best advice.

Many here just don't know how to do that.

My personal mo here is to discuss with others of similar beliefs. If someone tells me they don't believe in God etc, I won't argue.
  3. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 14:38

Thank you! That's made my day. Absolute class.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 15:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999

My personal mo here is to discuss with others of similar beliefs. If someone tells me they don't believe in God etc, I won't argue.
    A valid MO. I will argue, if the other also wants to engage (and the question interests me), but I always try to keep it civil and respectful. I surely sometimes fail, but I try.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 15:59

Thumbs up.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 18:141 edit

Your MO sounds open minded. But you have a record of going out of your way to provoke argument (not discussion), calling people by name, who do not hold your Arminian concept of justification through works.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 19:321 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    A valid MO. I will argue, if the other also wants to engage (and the question interests me), but I always try to keep it civil and respectful. I surely sometimes fail, but I try.
    I think you are an A-class diplomat Vistesd. I can't remember seeing you fail at keeping it civil and respectful. As for me .. well .. Im just the opposite hence the need to avoid engaging in too many controversial discussions.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 19:403 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Your MO sounds open minded. But you have a record of going out of your way to provoke argument (not discussion), calling people by name, who do not hold your Arminian concept of justification through works.
    I know nothing of 'Arminian' whatever, but I hold the teachings of Jesus Christ in very high regard who spoke very favourably of those who did good works and lived a life of love and charity. I will therefore continue to repeat faithfully what He taught and preached.

As for you and your type with your hypocritical 'mouth worship' [which Jesus condemned in the strongest language], I want no part of it.
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 19:48
    I think you are an A-class diplomat Vistesd. I can't remember seeing you fail at keeping it civil and respectful. As for me .. well .. Im just the opposite hence the need to avoid engaging in too many controversial discussions.
    Well, I always liked our discussions, old friend, even when we were on opposite sides. But we were occasionally on the same side. 🙂 Yeah, sometimes I think you're dead wrong--and vice versa, I'm sure. But I've always had this (nostalgic perhaps) picture in my head of us enjoying a tall one together at your place in the Caymans (when you were there). I don't think that everybody on here could do that.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 21:34
    You're insane...

😉
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 21:42

Excellent reading and good fun; the last one being the most significant I suppose.

Except 6 which is completely incorrect.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 22:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're insane...

😉
    You too .. 🙂
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 22:11
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Well, I always liked our discussions, old friend, even when we were on opposite sides. But we were occasionally on the same side. 🙂 Yeah, sometimes I think you're dead wrong--and vice versa, I'm sure. But I've always had this (nostalgic perhaps) picture in my head of us enjoying a tall one together at your place in the Caymans (when you were there). I don't think that everybody on here could do that.
    I distinctly remember enjoying the discussions back in the 2004 -2007 period. Seems like there were more posters and more varied opinions then. Anyways nothing stays the same.

And yes Im still enjoying small island life but Im now in Tobago. If you are in this part of the world anytime contact me and we can have a few cold ones.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 02:41
    You too .. 🙂
    Btw I as quoting your recent comment to Galveston in his "born again" thread, in the light of your post above in this one, not just randomly calling you insane.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 02:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Btw I as quoting your recent comment to Galveston in his "born again" thread, in the light of your post above in this one, not just randomly calling you insane.
    I realised that but whereas Galvestons ramblings was insane I could not figure out what I said to Vistesd was so insane so I just replied with 'same to you'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree