River City
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 12:251 edit
    Edit: never mind
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 13:342 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Thanks to Shav and Frogstomp for pointing this out.

Mark 16:17-18

16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

16:18 They shall take up serpents; and i
    "They shall take up serpents"

Does talking to the marauder count as "taking up serpents" ?
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 14:26
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    "They shall take up serpents"

Does talking to the marauder count as "taking up serpents" ?
    yep
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 15:40
    I'd like to be able to tell a Christian anything that's real, and not get an argument.

😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 19:19

[b]16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall r ...[text shortened]... it seems to me. Maybe have some serpents available...this implies the snake is poisonous right?
    I speak in tongues, and have been present on the prayer end while a demon was cast out. The rest is in the context of "if". A believer does not go out and drink poison, as this would be "tempting' God.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 22:441 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I speak in tongues,
    Serious question: If a Christian has the gift of speaking in tongues, but cannot construct a coherent sentence in his or her native language, is the gift false?
  7. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 22:491 edit
    I speak in tongues, and have been present on the prayer end while a demon was cast out. The rest is in the context of "if". A believer does not go out and drink poison, as this would be "tempting' God.
    Get thee behind me, Jesus! Braise the Lord & barbeque the brethren!!! 🙄

😛 The real test for Christians is whether they have big nail-holes in the Psalms of their hands... Not just illusory stigmata - but great big bleeding nail holes! If they don't...? Well, help them get there!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 23:11
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Serious question: If a Christian has the gift of speaking in tongues, but cannot construct a coherent sentence in his or her native language, is the gift false?
    SIT is not a gift. It is one of the nine manefestations of holy spirit. It is not intended to be understood by the speaker nor any other person. It is understood by God, and it's purpose is perfect prayer, praise and thanksgiving. It is also for private prayer use, unless called upon in church, then an interpretation must follow. It is found in 1Corinth. 12,13 and 14.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 23:12
    Originally posted by widget
    Get thee behind me, Jesus! Braise the Lord & barbeque the brethren!!! 🙄

😛 The real test for Christians is whether they have big nail-holes in the Psalms of their hands... Not just illusory stigmata - but great big bleeding nail holes! If they don't...? Well, help them get there!
    LOL...you are funny wid....I hope you come around someday.🙂
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 23:18
    SIT is not a gift. It is one of the nine manefestations of holy spirit. It is not intended to be understood by the speaker nor any other person. It is understood by God, and it's purpose is perfect prayer, praise and thanksgiving. It is also for private prayer use, unless called upon in church, then an interpretation must follow. It is found in 1Corinth. 12,13 and 14.
    Most of the Bible teachers that I've known have been clear on one point: where there are tongues, there will be an interpretation. Otherwise the tongues manifest not the Holy Spirit, but a demon. Beware my friend, you are playing with fire, perhaps eternal fire.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 23:27
    Most of the Bible teachers that I've known have been clear on one point: where there are tongues, there will be an interpretation. Otherwise the tongues manifest not the Holy Spirit, but a demon. Beware my friend, you are playing with fire, perhaps eternal fire.
    Well not according to the bible. We are commanded to SIT in our private prayer life, and where you will find me in opposition to traditional Xtians is that the same person that SIT does the interpretation. Traditional Xtians believe some one else interprets, but that is neither here nor there for our discussion.

1 Cor 14:5
    5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues, unless indeed he interprets, that the church may receive edification.
    (NKJ)

1 Cor 14:27-28
    27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.
    28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
    (NKJ)

Rom 8:26
    26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
    (NKJ)
  12. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 23:45
    LOL...you are funny wid....I hope you come around someday.🙂
    😀 I'll try to come around some day.... Do you already have the nails? Should I bring my own hammer?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 02:59
    Originally posted by widget
    😀 I'll try to come around some day.... Do you already have the nails? Should I bring my own hammer?
    No...just come as yourself...😵
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 03:03

[b]16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall r ...[text shortened]... it seems to me. Maybe have some serpents available...this implies the snake is poisonous right?
    The main problem here is not are Christians real, some are most
    aren't but is GOD real. Thats the true crux of the issue.
    If god is not real, then whatever christians are or are not is a moot
    point.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Oct '05 03:03
    I'd like to be able to tell a Christian anything that's real, and not get an argument.

😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
    Rots o Ruck on that one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree