1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '13 11:36
    http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/left_westboro_and_now_fighting_for_1rEvK8bYM7op0rfelzRwKP/1

this is a story about the granddaughter of Fred Phelps, the founder of Westboro Baptist Church. Read it, it is a captivating story.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    31 May '13 12:131 edit
    She's also prominently featured in the two documentaries that Louis Theroux made about this family, available on Youtube I think. It's all heartbreaking to see. There's one part in the second documentary ("America's most hated family in crisis" ) where some of the female grandchildren talk about a friendship that they have with a small group of Dutch college kids who were making their own short documentary. It's clear to see that one of the girls is in love with a Dutch boy and with tears in her eyes she has to keep repeating how this boy will surely go to hell. Painful to watch.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '13 13:50
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/left_westboro_and_now_fighting_for_1rEvK8bYM7op0rfelzRwKP/1

this is a story about the granddaughter of Fred Phelps, the founder of Westboro Baptist Church. Read it, it is a captivating story.
    That is so sad. The people in that church are twisted almost beyond help. They are pathologically twisted by religion. It's too bad there is no bible god, I would think if there was, they would be the first to go directly to hell, do not pass go.....
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 May '13 13:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That is so sad. The people in that church are twisted almost beyond help. They are pathologically twisted by religion. It's too bad there is no bible god, I would think if there was, they would be the first to go directly to hell, do not pass go.....
    they aren't twisted beyond help. the proof of that is that some manage to leave. this human decided at one point to make a change in her life, rather than go through the motions.

anyone can change his life for the better. all one needs is love. blake showed her love. logan showed her love. what appears to be minor at one time may add up.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '13 14:092 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    they aren't twisted beyond help. the proof of that is that some manage to leave. this human decided at one point to make a change in her life, rather than go through the motions.

anyone can change his life for the better. all one needs is love. blake showed her love. logan showed her love. what appears to be minor at one time may add up.
    Yes, that is what I was thinking also, but it seems to me they will be the only ones to leave, I think the rest are just circling the wagons so to speak. I don't think there will be any more defectors.

The whole lot of them needs intense psychological counseling. The best thing about that clan is it is mostly one family and there is about zero in the way of actual growth of the congregation. It sounds like everyone else in that town shuns them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree