1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 20:141 edit
    http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=courier-journal&sParam=31874333.story

If anything, the Penn State player should apologize for ignoring a brother (gopher) in Christ.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 20:37
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=courier-journal&sParam=31874333.story

If anything, the Penn State player should apologize for ignoring a brother (gopher) in Christ.
    The University of Minnesota is apologizing after its Goldy Gopher mascot poked fun at a Penn State football player who was praying before last week's game.

Goldy Gopher kneels in front of Hayes, according to the video posted on YouTube. When Hayes stands up, so does Goldy. The mascot tries to make some contact, but Hayes ignores him and trots back to the bench.

I don't think the article has the facts.
    First it says the mascot 'poked fun'. Did he? I'd like to hear it from him.
    Secondly, the article says Hayes 'ignored' him. Perhaps. If the mascot was mocking him, then why not merely ignore the fool?
    But maybe Hayes misunderstood the guys intention.

Either way the article left out some important information. I think the reporter should ask more questions before publishing a potentially inflammatory story.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 20:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]The University of Minnesota is apologizing after its Goldy Gopher mascot poked fun at a Penn State football player who was praying before last week's game.

Goldy Gopher kneels in front of Hayes, according to the video posted on YouTube. When Hayes stands up, so does Goldy. The mascot tries to make some contact, but Hayes ignores him and trots ba ...[text shortened]... stions before publishing a potentially inflammatory story.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
    Why can't the Penn State player go to church and pray? Why does he have to be special?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 21:10
    Why can't the Penn State player go to church and pray? Why does he have to be special?
    Who says he's special?

Why can't he pray wherever and whenever he wants?

It's a free country, isn't it?
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 22:121 edit
    Who says he's special?

Any moron can see it has "hey , everybody, look at me!" written all over it. At least the mascot had the good sense to disguise himself.

YouTube
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 23:18
    Who says he's special?

Yes, and freedom includes the right to mock the religious, or anyone else for that matter.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:24
    Any moron can see it has "hey , everybody, look at me!" written all over it. At least the mascot had the good sense to disguise himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RYQuwJvQso
    Not at all.

The player simply came up, knelt down and prayed. He wasn't paying any attention to anyone.

The mascot was clearly humiliated in his mockery by the fact that the player paid no attention to him.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:26
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yes, and freedom includes the right to mock the religious, or anyone else for that matter.
    Yes, freedom guarantees one the right to make an ass of themselves.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:30
    Yes, freedom guarantees one the right to make an ass of themselves.
    As proof, simply look at the majority of posts from such illuminaries as HoH, Dr.Scribbles and the like!
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:49
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    As proof, simply look at the majority of posts from such illuminaries as HoH, Dr.Scribbles and the like!
    To be honest Freaky, I've done it too. Maybe more than most.

I think though, that sometimes one has to look like an ass if they're going to tell the truth.

1 Corinthians 4:10a - "We are fools for Christ's sake,.."
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 06:31
    We are fools for Christ's sake,..
    This is only one reason I'm glad that I'm not a christian.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 11:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is only one reason I'm glad that I'm not a christian.
    If and when you ever understand what it means to be a Christian,( and this is not to suggest that you are ignorant about what a Christian is), you will find it to be the most difficult thing to be you can imagine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree