1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 19:201 edit
    I can't fight it any more. I started reading Darwins descent of Man and have become a new convert. A few questions remain for me, however, after converting to my new faith. Here are some of Darwins quotes in question.

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world." (Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man, Chapter vi)

Now according to my new Darwinian faith, at what point should I begin exterminating the savage races of the world in favor of my superior European ancestory? Its survival of the fittest you know. Also, who are the savage races? Maybe the next quote will shed some light on the matter.

"The more civilized so-called Caucasion races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world." (Charles Darwin, 1881, 3 July, "Life and Letters of Darwin, vol. 1, 316"😉

The morality, wisdom, and insight of this brilliant man is self evident. Caucasians shall rule the world!!!!!!!! Evolutionists should not only concern themselves with race, but also sex, however, as seen in this next quote.

"The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by mans attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than the woman. Whether deep thought, reason, or imagination or merely the use of the senses and hands....We men also infer....The average mental power in man must be above that of a woman." (Charles Darwin, "The descent of Man, pg. 566"😉

How then do we men keep women in their place. Especially in this femanazi type culture where women go around insisting that they are equal with us? I think the best approach is to begin with our children in school. We already have the legal right to teach our children in school about Darwins teachings as undeniable truth. If we then include all of Darwins teachings instead of picking and choosing what they want to teach about Darwins beliefs, they to will see the light.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 19:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now according to my new Darwinian faith, at what point should I begin exterminating the savage races of the world in favor of my superior European ancestory?
    Market forces have already almost completed the job.
  3. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 19:58
    I can't fight it any more. I started reading Darwins descent of Man and have become a new convert. A few questions remain for me, however, after converting to my new faith. Here are some of Darwins quotes in question.

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and repl ...[text shortened]... d choosing what they want to teach about Darwins beliefs, they to will see the light.
    We don't worship Darwin, everything he ever said is not regarded as truth. In fact, much of his original theory has been replaced or modified. If you are looking for a "Holy Book" for evolution, Darwin is not the man to read. In fact, one of the great things about science is that it is not based on faith and there is no holy book or infallible person to listen to. No one teaches Darwin's beliefs, they teach current scientific theories as supported by empirical evidence. There is a huge difference, as your post has (unintentionally?) pointed out.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 22:49

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and repl ...[text shortened]... d choosing what they want to teach about Darwins beliefs, they to will see the light.
    Darwon lived in a very different time to now. You are judging the man by your standards, not those of the time. In that vein, I'd like to judge you by human standards 500 years from now. When I stop laughing at your backwards ways that is!!!!

Oh, and I'd like to point out all the races that Europeans have wiped out. Meso-americans (mainly through disease), American Indians, Aboriginies, Maori amongst others have all fallen, to greater or lesser extents. Human population is currently 6.45 billion, and already wars are being fought for natural resources. What's going to happen as the population breaches 9 billion and climbs towards 12 billion. Where will your god be then?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 03:262 edits
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    We don't worship Darwin, everything he ever said is not regarded as truth. In fact, much of his original theory has been replaced or modified. If you are looking for a "Holy Book" for evolution, Darwin is not the man to read. In fact, one of the great things about science is that it is not based on faith and there is no holy book or infallible perso ical evidence. There is a huge difference, as your post has (unintentionally?) pointed out.
    Heretic!!!!!!!!!! May Darwin strike you from his grave. What am I saying........he will evolve from his grave or spontaneously generate or something along those lines and avenge you!!!!!!!!!! That is of coarse after he has had 3.5 million years to do so under conditions that we can't comprehend of ever fathom but I think thats only common sense.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 03:39
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    [b]Darwon lived in a very different time to now. You are judging the man by your standards, not those of the time. In that vein, I'd like to judge you by human standards 500 years from now. When I stop laughing at your backwards ways that is!!!!
    Yet another heretic!!!!!!!!!!! Say, I thought you guys were on my side. Just because I am a Darwinian thumping atheist who is not open to other perspectives does not make me backward.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 03:41
    Oh, and I'd like to point out all the races that Europeans have wiped out. Meso-americans (mainly through disease), American Indians, Aboriginies, Maori amongst others have all fallen, to greater or lesser extents. Human population is currently 6.45 billion, and already wars are being fought for natural resources. What's going to happen as the population breaches 9 billion and climbs towards 12 billion. Where will your god be then?[/b]
    Now your talkin. Here we see that Darwin was right. The Caucasian race is far superior to these savages. Just think how much superior we would be if we did'nt have women around.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 03:501 edit
    Heretic!!!!!!!!!! May Darwin strike you from his grave. What am I saying........he will evolve from his grave or spontaneously generate or something along those lines and avenge you!!!!!!!!!! That is of coarse after he has had 3.5 million years to do so under conditions that we can't comprehend of ever fathom but I think thats only common sense.
    What IS your problem mate? Can't take losing debates?

Here is a definition of heretic from Wiki;

A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.

Since we don't hold controvertial opinions, Darwin was wrong on a number of points, although he was largely right (As Pope said, To err is human) we're not heretics. We do not worship Darwin the way that you worship god. And we can comprehend the conditions on early life. They were just very different than they are now. See my posts on paleoclimatic reconstruction.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 03:52
    Yet another heretic!!!!!!!!!!! Say, I thought you guys were on my side. Just because I am a Darwinian thumping atheist who is not open to other perspectives does not make me backward.
    Hey, from the perspective of 500 years time we're all backwards. With our blig clunky mobile phones and our dumb computers. Man, and what WERE we thinking with the internal combustion engine when fussion reactors are so SIMPLE!!!
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 03:56
    Now your talkin. Here we see that Darwin was right. The Caucasian race is far superior to these savages. Just think how much superior we would be if we did'nt have women around.
    You should read the book 'Guns, Germs and Steel' by Jared Diamond. There is nothing 'special' about europeans, the chinese for example had gunpower and boiled water to sterilise it when we were still drilling holes in peoples heads to 'let the evil spirits out'. Judging by your answers so far, I don't think you have to worry about women too much.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 04:03
    What IS your problem mate? Can't take losing debates?

Here is a definition of heretic from Wiki;

A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.

Since we don't hold controvertial opinions, Darwin was wrong on a number of points, although he was lar ...[text shortened]... ey were just very different than they are now. See my posts on paleoclimatic reconstruction.
    Dude, lighten up will ya. I am just having some fun with you guys or at least attempting to. By the way whats a Wiki? Don't tell me your spelling is off now as well.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 04:08
    Dude, lighten up will ya. I am just having some fun with you guys or at least attempting to. By the way whats a Wiki? Don't tell me your spelling is off now as well.
    Wikipedia, the online dictionary and encylopedia used by most on this site. I normally use it to check spellings of hard words. A little dyslexic i think...
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 04:12
    Wikipedia, the online dictionary and encylopedia used by most on this site. I normally use it to check spellings of hard words. A little dyslexic i think...
    That's a relief. At first I thought your were making reference to something obscene. The more I tried picturing you talking to your wiki the more perturbed I became. Being the good christian that I am I tend to take offense at such things ya know.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 04:26
    That's a relief. At first I thought your were making reference to something obscene. The more I tried picturing you talking to your wiki the more perturbed I became. Being the good christian that I am I tend to take offense at such things ya know.
    Nah, I got another name for that.... 🙂
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '06 22:48

I haven't read The Descent of Man yet; I am still working my way through The Origin of Species. I am somewhat surprised Darwin wrote the things you quote here, but it's certainly not unbelievable.

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world."

I think there is some truth to "Social Darwinist" ideas like these. Exterminate is too strong a word though; conquer and dominate is more realistic. For example, the English and Spanish dominating the Native Americans, the Saxons dominating the Celts, etc. But you ask a good question; what are "civilized" and a "savage" "races"?

Now according to my new Darwinian faith, at what point should I begin exterminating the savage races of the world in favor of my superior European ancestory?

Obviously this is a response to the essay someone wrote which was posted here:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=36260&page=1

There is a significant difference between what Darwin wrote and what the Bible says as referred to in that essay, however. Darwin predicted certain unpalatable things. The Bible declares certain unpalatable or silly things acceptable or even obligatory. Therefore, when you write that last question I quoted, you were falsely implying Darwin made claims about what should happen instead of what he thought will happen. This is why it sounds like Darwin is immoral in your post; you "put words in his mouth" in a very subtle way. In effect, you are changing what he wrote to serve your purposes.

Now, he did refer to "civilized races" and "lower races" which is worth criticizing.

Re: men and women, again, Darwin simply talks about what he thinks is true regarding the characteristics of men and women. He does not talk about "shoulds" or "musts" or "if you do X you should receive Y punishment" as the Bible does.

In short, some of the things Darwin wrote which you quoted are shocking and have been shown to be false as science advanced over the years. However you attribute to Darwin suggestions about what people should do when he did not make those statements. The statements you quote are predictive and descriptive; they do not suggest a course of action as the Bible does.

One last point; people who believe evolutionary theory is correct do not go around saying Darwin is infallible. Religious people do say this about the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree