1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 02:55
    After posting in this forum for going on six years(can you believe it?)I have to admit that it has taught me how to listen better to what people have to say. And what's more, how to say what I'm thinking without being offensive. Sort of.

In the beginning I really didn't know what I was doing in here. I'm embarrassed by not only what I said, but how I said it. But that is past.

I'm looking forward to many more years of debate, or at least till I get one of you atheists to admit that there is a God. 😉
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 04:011 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    After posting in this forum for going on six years(can you believe it?)I have to admit that it has taught me how to listen better to what people have to say. And what's more, how to say what I'm thinking without being offensive. Sort of.

In the beginning I really didn't know what I was doing in here. I'm embarrassed by not only what I said, but how I said ears of debate, or at least till I get one of you atheists to admit that there is a God. 😉
    "admit that there is a god" implies we are suppressing our inclination to express belief in this entity.
    This is simply not true. I can no more believe in God than you can believe in Humpty Dumpty.
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 06:02
    Originally posted by josephw

In the beginning I really didn't know what I was doing in here. I'm embarrassed by not only what I said, but how I said ...[text shortened]... ears of debate, or at least till I get one of you atheists to admit that there is a God. 😉
    Good one JW - I'll admit there's a God when Hell freezes over ...😉
    I must admit I get a bit riled up at times - a la my recent outbursts with Taco - but I do enjoy many of the threads. I long for someone to actually post about spirituality and their views on it - especially a spirituality without gods or religion ...
  4. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    30 Oct '10 23:46
    Originally posted by amannion
    Good one JW - I'll admit there's a God when Hell freezes over ...😉
    I must admit I get a bit riled up at times - a la my recent outbursts with Taco - but I do enjoy many of the threads. I long for someone to actually post about spirituality and their views on it - especially a spirituality without gods or religion ...
    Ohhhhhhhhhh you are so much MORE than you know, how so very sad, for you easily could be a great healer, yo!
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 00:36
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Ohhhhhhhhhh you are so much MORE than you know, how so very sad, for you easily could be a great healer, yo!
    Please leave me alone.
    I don't want to be a healer, I'm happy being a husband, father, friend, and teacher. That's more than enough for any life ... although I of course hope to have much more of my life to live and may well do other things.
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    31 Oct '10 00:56
    Originally posted by amannion
    Please leave me alone.
    I don't want to be a healer, I'm happy being a husband, father, friend, and teacher. That's more than enough for any life ... although I of course hope to have much more of my life to live and may well do other things.
    Leave you alone? Pardon me, but I was expressing a very nice compliment to you, and no problem me to leave you alone.

I meant not you to be uncomfortable to such a rather nice reply I offered that you could choose to see, though choose not.

You shall only hear from me if I were replying to your reply to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree