1. Account suspended
    Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    447
    18 Jul '06 06:04
    I know nothing.
  2. Cosmos
    Joined
    21 Jan '04
    Moves
    11184
    18 Jul '06 06:55
    Originally posted by NZDrifter
    I know nothing.
    I know.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    18 Jul '06 06:57
    I'm from Barcelona.
  4. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    5936
    18 Jul '06 07:54
    Originally posted by NZDrifter
    I know nothing.
    Boy you opened your self up to that one! From: Inmate 90126 sentenced to life on Penal Colony outpost "Earth"
  5. Eternity
    Joined
    14 Jun '06
    Moves
    548
    18 Jul '06 08:55
    Originally posted by NZDrifter
    I know nothing.
    as do i - ga-gah!
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Joined
    27 Apr '02
    Moves
    16879
    18 Jul '06 09:09
    Originally posted by NZDrifter
    I know nothing.
    If you know nothing, how can you know that your assertion is true?
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    18 Jul '06 10:40
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    If you know nothing, how can you know that your assertion is true?
    Logic dictates that if he knows nothing, then he shouldn't be able to answer that question (or any other for that matter). Then, if he can't answer a single question you ask, you can reasonably assume that his assertion is true. Thus, he will be able to tell you that his assertion is true. But not because he knows this. But because he lacks knowledge of any kind. 🙄
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    18 Jul '06 21:21
    Originally posted by stocken
    Logic dictates that if he knows nothing, then he shouldn't be able to answer that question (or any other for that matter). Then, if he can't answer a single question you ask, you can reasonably assume that his assertion is true. Thus, he will be able to tell you that his assertion is true. But not because he knows this. But because he lacks knowledge of any kind. 🙄
  9. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49977
    19 Jul '06 05:32
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    If you know nothing, how can you know that your assertion is true?
    Why do you think he knows that his assertion is true?
    All he said was 'I know nothing', not 'I know that I know nothing' - that would be problematic.
  10. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Joined
    13 Jul '05
    Moves
    13232
    19 Jul '06 05:48
    Originally posted by amannion
    Why do you think he knows that his assertion is true?
    All he said was 'I know nothing', not 'I know that I know nothing' - that would be problematic.
    Good point, maybe he just suspects that he knows nothing, but, not knowing, can't be sure if he knows or not.
  11. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49977
    19 Jul '06 07:41
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Good point, maybe he just suspects that he knows nothing, but, not knowing, can't be sure if he knows or not.
    Could be, but I have no way of knowing ...
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    19 Jul '06 08:45
    Originally posted by amannion
    Could be, but I have no way of knowing ...
    Then you know nothing about it. Which leads us to ask a question. Is NZDrifter really saying he knows nothing about anything, or is it something more specific he knows nothing about? For instance, we are in the Spirituality thread. Is it spirituality he knows nothing about? Or this thread?

    I know nothing about what he claims to know nothing about.
  13. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49977
    19 Jul '06 08:47
    Originally posted by stocken
    Then you know nothing about it. Which leads us to ask a question. Is NZDrifter really saying he knows nothing about anything, or is it something more specific he knows nothing about? For instance, we are in the Spirituality thread. Is it spirituality he knows nothing about? Or this thread?

    I know nothing about what he claims to know nothing about.
    All good points, it's just that ... I don't know.
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    19 Jul '06 08:59
    He may actually know quite a lot but merely not know that his statement is false.
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11774
    19 Jul '06 09:001 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He may actually know quite a lot but merely not know that his statement is false.
    No, if he knew quite a lot he wouldn't say he knows nothing, would he? He would have to say he knows not if he knows nothing. I think your statement is false. You just don't know it.
Back to Top