I was wondering ......

I was wondering ......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
26 Apr 05
1 edit

..... whether all these threads dealing with the "evilness" of the Jewish people and their "Monster" God in the Old Testament are in fact veiled expressions of anti-semitism.

What are your thoughts about all this ?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 Apr 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

..... whether all these threads dealing with the "evilness" of the Jewish people and their "Monster" God in the Old Testament are in fact veiled expressions of anti-semitism.

That would explain the extremism they contain. But it's hard to say. Some people just come across as wacko.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Apr 05

Since "Monster God" is a trademarked phrase from my posts, I assume you are accusing me of anti-Semitism without the bother of actually having the balls to do so openly.

What are you thoughts about people who are tooooooooo gutless to openly state what they are insinuating?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
That would explain the extremism they contain. But it's hard to say. Some people just come across as wacko.
Yup, you sure do Mr. "Humanityispredestinatedtobedepravedbynatureexceptforjohncalvinandtheelect".

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 Apr 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Since "Monster God" is a trademarked phrase from my posts, I assume you are accusing me of anti-Semitism without the bother of actually having the balls to do so openly.

What are you thoughts about people who are tooooooooo gutless to openly state what they are insinuating?
Paranoia is also a common trait of anti-smites.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Apr 05

I don't think this is true. I think it's more a reaction to the overbearing influence that Protestants have on American society and politics. Also, it's a reaction to annoying Christian preachers and witnessers. There may be some anti-Israeli political motivations fuelling the comments, but this would be the smaller of the factors involved I think, and it's not anti-semitic; anti-Israeli is not the same as anti-semitic or anti-Jewish if that term is clearer.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 Apr 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yup, you sure do Mr. "Humanityispredestinatedtobedepravedbynatureexceptforjohncalvinandtheelect".
Do you think that user name is taken? Wonder if anyone would spam me if that was my e-mail address: Humanityispredestinatedtobedepravedbynatureexceptforjohncalvinandtheelect@westminsterconfession.org

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Apr 05

Do you think that user name is taken? Wonder if anyone would spam me if that was my e-mail address: Humanityispredestinatedtobedepravedbynatureexceptforjohncalvinandtheelect@westminsterconfession.org
You have my permission to use it and you could even take it as your username. You are aware that once someone uses a username on any site on the internet it cannot be used on any other site by any other person without severe scolding, tsk-tsking and claims of "blackmail". This is known as "Ivanhoe's Law".

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
26 Apr 05

Let's discuss the subject of the thread, dear debators.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
26 Apr 05

Let's discuss the subject of the thread, dear debators.
Yeah. Enough about me! 🙂

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
26 Apr 05

Yeah. Enough about me! 🙂

😀 😉

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
26 Apr 05

I like Monster Garage, maybe they could do a show and take yer average run of the mill god (like Horus) and monsterize him, give him gnarly powers.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
26 Apr 05

Paranoia is also a common trait of anti-smites.
Anti-smites are only paranoid because they're wary of being smitten and their belief forbids smiting back.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
26 Apr 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't think this is true. I think it's more a reaction to the overbearing influence that Protestants have on American society and politics. Also, it's a reaction to annoying Christian preachers and witnessers. There may be some anti-Israeli political motivations fuelling the comments, but this would be the smaller of the factors involved I thi ...[text shortened]... ti-semitic; anti-Israeli is not the same as anti-semitic or anti-Jewish if that term is clearer.
ATY: " ..... the overbearing influence that Protestants have on American society"

So, you would agree with me that most of these "religious" debates are political. They are just disguised as such.

ATY: "There may be some anti-Israeli political motivations fuelling the comments, ..... "

Could you elaborate on this. It seems to me rather odd to call the God of Abraham all kinds of names in "religious" discussions, and "Monster" God is just one of the many, "bastard" is one of the more civil ones, if you disagree with the Sharon government's policies.

If this is the truly the case then this is certainly an instance of veiled anti-semitism.

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
26 Apr 05

Yes, I think the Old Testament god is a depraved maniac. Yes, I object to a lot of Israeli foreign and domestic policy, past and present (and American support of some of these). Yes, I think Ariel Sharon, based on his background, is a war criminal. Yes, I condemn violent tactics used by some Palestinians (suicide bombers and, for that matter, people throwing rocks). If anyone can show logically that this makes me a anti-Semitic (anti-Jewish or anti-Arab or anti-some other Semitic group), I invite them to do so, because their 'argument' would give me a good laugh.

I remind you that anti-Semitism is a racially motivated hatred of an entire Semitic group; an anti-Semite makes negative judgements of individuals belonging to these group based on their belonging to them, which I think is silly.

Why does objection to the mythical depraved actions of a mythical god imply that one would harbour bad feelings toward an entire group of people? Why, for that matter, does thinking their beliefs about that god are silly (but not discouraging them from holding those beliefs) imply hatred of them as a group?