1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    02 Aug '11 06:431 edit
    I wonder if we will meet in the afterlife.

    If we do, I wonder if we will need a spirituality forum?

    If we don't, I wonder if our time is best spent here now?
  2. Illinois
    Joined
    20 Mar '07
    Moves
    6266
    02 Aug '11 06:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I wonder if we will meet in the afterlife.

    If we do, I wonder if we will need a spirituality forum?

    If we don't, I wonder if our time is best spent here now?
    No one needs a spirituality forum. What everyone does need is the opportunity to hear the word of God and get born again. If this forum contributes in any way toward that end, I'd say it's time well spent.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10206
    02 Aug '11 08:17
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    What everyone does need is the opportunity to hear the word of God and get born again.
    wait, what? if i hear god he kills me then gives me a new life? if you're killed by god do you get to choose where you'd like to be born again? i'd go for that.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    02 Aug '11 16:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I wonder if we will meet in the afterlife.

    If we do, I wonder if we will need a spirituality forum?

    If we don't, I wonder if our time is best spent here now?
    If there is an afterlife that is not obviously followed by another afterlife, (i.e., if people we know there, and we, never die) there will indeed be a need for an after-spirituality forum, because the question of the meaning and purpose of the afterlife will replace the question of the meaning and purpose of this life, with much more force.

    And the question "What is the good and why should I hold to it" will also be reinvigorated, at least for those whose moral behavior hinges on there being a judgement day in their future.
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    02 Aug '11 16:44
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    What everyone does need is the opportunity to hear the word of God and get born again.
    When you say 'need' what are you suggesting? What are the consequences of that need not being satisfied?
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    02 Aug '11 18:21
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    No one needs a spirituality forum. What everyone does need is the opportunity to hear the word of God and get born again. If this forum contributes in any way toward that end, I'd say it's time well spent.
    Right, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which user name He posts under. Please advise...
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    02 Aug '11 18:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I wonder if we will meet in the afterlife.

    If we do, I wonder if we will need a spirituality forum?

    If we don't, I wonder if our time is best spent here now?
    We'll need a materiality forum.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2436
    02 Aug '11 20:22
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Right, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which user name He posts under. Please advise...
    utherpendragon
Back to Top