Here's what always puzzles me about extremely religious people like that. They claim anyone who believes evolution is the most plausible theory yet is stupid, because it makes no sense and it's completely unproven (according to them). Yet, they take the word of their religious scripture for absolute truth; unquestionable, undeniable and absolutely flawless.
To christians like that, there is no way that the bible can be wrong, even though:
1. It has been written by men (so we have to take their word for it that the text is indeed the word of their god), and
2. it has been translated several times in the past, and
3. there are several different passages in it open to interpretation, and
4. it actually claims that everything was created in seven days (although, that seem to be one of the things open to interpretation), and, finally
5. it's about a thing that only some people seem to be able to sense in a way that cannot be interpreted as anything other than a god (although, I'm starting to think that maybe what these people call God is just deep emotions that we all have within us - it could be God, and then again, it might not be)
is a solid foundation to base scientific theories on.