1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 22:36
    then why do we have so many religions, each with their own version of god? Isn't The Universe supposed to be created by ONE almighty God?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 22:38
    Originally posted by Gizmo28
    then why do we have so many religions, each with their own version of god? Isn't The Universe supposed to be created by ONE almighty God?
    Why are there so many positions on the chess board?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 22:39
    What does that has to do with religion and God?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '06 23:28
    What does that has to do with religion and God?
    I don't know if you are a US citizen. But if you are you will notice that there is one president of the United States (at this time).

Now although there is one president, there are a whole lot of opinions about what kind of person he is. There are many many and many opinions about what makes this fellow up.

That does not change the fact that there is one president.

Yes there is one God. And temporarily, for a season, there is considerable disagreement about what the one God is like and even who that God is.

These disagreements are not as eternal as God is. They are temporary conflicts which will be resolved in eternity future.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 00:42
    Because this is a sinful fallen world.
  6. Joined
    06 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 01:10
    religion is silent business thats why too many people wants to create their own religion by using the name of jesus..
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 07:35
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't know if you are a US citizen. But if you are you will notice that there is one president of the United States (at this time).

Now although there is one president, there are a whole lot of opinions about what kind of person he is. There are many many and many opinions about what makes this fellow up.

That does not change the fact that there is ...[text shortened]... t as eternal as God is. They are temporary conflicts which will be resolved in eternity future.
    I would have to disagree with you here (not surprisingly, I suppose). Man's disagreements about the nature and attributes of god are as old as man's conception of god himself. And the two will endure for exactly the same amount of time.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 20:50
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I would have to disagree with you here (not surprisingly, I suppose). Man's disagreements about the nature and attributes of god are as old as man's conception of god himself. And the two will endure for exactly the same amount of time.
    No you are wrong in this.

In the New Jerusalem we are being perfected into one. Perfected is a process. And the end of that process is oneness:

"I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one ..." (John 17:23)

He is in them and the Father is in Him that they may be PERFECTED into one. This is he perfection as an outcome of the maturity of the divine Life growing in the members of New Jerusalem.

"That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me" (John 17:21)

Here again the indwelling divine person cannot fail to bring the constituents of the New Jerusalem into a oneness.

The oneness of the organic Body of Christ is as unified as the Trinity. We just need to be perfected by transformation into that oneness. I know He cannot fail to obtain this. God is able to do it.

Even now we have Jew and Gentile, east and west, and many different kinds of people in an unspeakable unity which we enjoy today in many cities. And this oneness is encreasing as Christ grows within us and builds us up together in love.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:34

That does not change the fact that there is ...[text shortened]... t as eternal as God is. They are temporary conflicts which will be resolved in eternity future.
    It is interesting you say that about the president of the US, because it isn't even him who does what happens to the world. We all can affect it, tweak it this way or that as his image travels down the line. I guess he lacks the ability to see where his power ends up traveling to, and the effects it has. He's a Christian, but his power isn't used totally by Christians. I would guess his power(image) would be used more by non-Christians as He would be the most powerful person on earth.

If people in positions like that(highly powerful) were to take the time out of the every busy schedules they have and look at the consequences of their actions on their own image, then they would have a greater ability to affect and control that image to do more good than the harm that fools in between create. Maybe one day chains like gods will be brought into effect to help change the biggest problems of the world for good. It could be extremely good, but at the same time disastrous if evil has a play...

I believe in God, but He is different from any games that we play.
  10. In the ****
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 23:39
    No you are wrong in this.

In the New Jerusalem we are being perfected into one. Perfected is a process. And the end of that process is oneness:

[b]"I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one ..." (John 17:23)

He is in them and the Father is in Him that they may be PERFECTED into one. This is he perfection as an ...[text shortened]... And this oneness is encreasing as Christ grows within us and builds us up together in love.[/b]
    Quoting from a book is not a substitute for reasoned discussion and argument.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree