if you were a god, would you like you?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 13:283 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Do you think He would like you?
    He'd certainly be impressed by my dazzling intellect (relative to "His" lack-lustre capabilities in the thinking things through department). He'd probably be impressed by my sense of morality too (the luminence of which would compare to your "God"'s like a planet compares to a pebble).

Whether or not your "God" would actually like me is unknown though; however "He" would certainly try and pretend as much just so I would spend all eternity with "Him" to teach the fool some new tricks. The question your god would have to ask though (and "He" is too stupid to let the thought cross "His" mind) is: would I like "Him"?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 14:55
    What if this god was a she? Would she like you?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 15:40
    We'd be drinking buddies.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 15:41
    Originally posted by Agerg
    He'd certainly be impressed by my dazzling intellect (relative to "His" lack-lustre capabilities in the thinking things through department). He'd probably be impressed by my sense of morality too (the luminence of which would compare to your "God"'s like a planet compares to a pebble).

Whether or not your "God" would actually like me is unknown though; howe ...[text shortened]... e" is too stupid to let the thought cross "His" mind) is: would I like "Him"?
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Believe I'd tremble if any of these words were mine.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 15:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's my understanding that masculine gender permeates reference to the persons of the deity in the original language of OT/NT Scripture.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 15:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    It's my understanding that masculine gender permeates reference to the persons of the deity in the original language of OT/NT Scripture.
    Just because ancient Israelites conceived of god as being male doesn't mean they were right.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 17:51
    ^
    ^
    ^
    My dad let me go through my stage of thinking him an idiot, without doing anything that would have made me tremble for so thinking. Tremble not; I think your God would be as bright as my dad.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 19:07
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Just because ancient Israelites conceived of god as being male doesn't mean they were right.
    Your statement can only be true if the ancient Israelite's conception of God was self generated.

Based on your own admissions you have no way of knowing.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 19:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    He or she, God wouldn't like me. Why should He/she?

So I gave you my honest answer. Do you have one?
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 21:15
    ^
    ^
    ^
    No need to tremble; josephw's and your own unsophisticated construct referred to as "God" doesn't exist.

Invent a deity that doesn't act like a damned moron and I wouldn't be so quick to judge it as one. Oh and yes, I *do* get to make that judgement.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 22:08
    No need to tremble; josephw's and your own unsophisticated construct referred to as "God" doesn't exist.

Invent a deity that doesn't act like a damned moron and I wouldn't be so quick to judge it as one. Oh and yes, I *do* get to make that judgement.
    Time will tell... or more nearly accurate to posit that the absence of time

will tell, since all of us will reside at one of two addresses for all eternity.
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 22:20

Your post reveals two moronic conclusions. #1. It isn't 'our' construct. #2. One can pretend to invent a deity and even go so far as to believe it exists, but we didn't invent God.

All your objections to the existence of God are without merit and/or a shred of evidence, and are subjective, based on emotion rather than intellectual objectivity.

It is without question that it is intellectually objective to conclude that the universe was obviously created. Objections to there being a creator are based in subjectivity, since there is no objectively identifiable evidence for the non existence of a creator/God.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 22:402 edits
    Time will tell... or more nearly accurate to posit that the absence of time

will tell, since all of us will reside at one of two addresses for all eternity.
    Yes yes...I'm going to grill for ever and ever and ever ... and ever and ever and ever and ...
    ever and ever and ... in a fiery torture pit invented by your, ahem "Loving" "God". If you could only see me quaking 😲

By the way; would you be so kind as to explain how souls are flammable please? I really want to understand how precisely I'm going to suffer so horribly in the so called "After life" and don't be skimpy on the details either. Thanks in advance 🙂