1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 17:51
    I'm going through a spiritual wasteland these days and am looking for a new beginning. I have realized that I have not fully appreciated some of the culture that surrounds me, namely snake handling. I will try to partake of this within the next several months and get back with you to let you know how I faired. I have been reading a book that has inspired me called "Salvation on Sand Mountain." I am hoping that I can reclaim my life after this experience. God bless.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 18:11
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm going through a spiritual wasteland these days and am looking for a new beginning. I have realized that I have not fully appreciated some of the culture that surrounds me, namely snake handling. I will try to partake of this within the next several months and get back with you to let you know how I faired. I have been reading a book that has insp ...[text shortened]... n on Sand Mountain." I am hoping that I can reclaim my life after this experience. God bless.
    Well, if you get back to us, we'll at least know that you "faired."
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 00:21
    I'm going through a spiritual wasteland these days and am looking for a new beginning. I have realized that I have not fully appreciated some of the culture that surrounds me, namely snake handling. I will try to partake of this within the next several months and get back with you to let you know how I faired. I have been reading a book that has insp ...[text shortened]... n on Sand Mountain." I am hoping that I can reclaim my life after this experience. God bless.
    Don't do it Rev!!!!!! If you get snakebit DONT ASK ME TO SUCK OUT THE POISON!!!!!!!!!

BTW....why would you even consider snake charrming? You can read about it ...much easier.......😉
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 00:25
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Don't do it Rev!!!!!! If you get snakebit DONT ASK ME TO SUCK OUT THE POISON!!!!!!!!!

BTW....why would you even consider snake charrming? You can read about it ...much easier.......😉
    When one is in the wilderness, one must do what one must do.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 00:59
    We've plenty of snakes on our property, mostly rattlers, we mostly handle 'em with a 22.
  6. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 01:07
    Git yer Coonhound out in the woods. Go at about 2:00am all by yourself with nothing but a lantern and a flashlight. (bring a gun)
    If you don't find god, I'll eat my hat.

RTh
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 02:00
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Git yer Coonhound out in the woods. Go at about 2:00am all by yourself with nothing but a lantern and a flashlight. (bring a gun)
    If you don't find god, I'll eat my hat.

RTh
    Wit my luck, my coonhound would run off and then I'd turn suicidal.
  8. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 02:32
    That is what they do. Open up the tailgait have a seat an perhaps a nip or two. They usually come back. If ya get tired just lay down on the seat with the window open and go to sleep. The slobby dog will wake you up when he is back. When they get hungry they all come back sooner or later. Coonhounds don't get lost....they just get distracted for a while.

RTh
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 19:36

"And not only by His example, but by His grace and by the hope held forth of everlasting recompense, has He made pain and grief more easy to endure; "for that which is at present momentary and light of our tribulation, worketh for us above measure exceedingly an eternal weight of glory."(8)

Pope Leo XIII, Encyclical "Rerum Novarum".
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 10:48
    Just out of curiosity, where in the Bible does it say that Christians can handle snakes? I know this is practiced in a number of churches.
  11. England
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 13:06
    your pic has a pale look about it other than that x. how old is you pretty wife???
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 13:09
    Originally posted by stoker
    your pic has a pale look about it other than that x. how old is you pretty wife???
    What x you talking about? She's old and wise enough to have given up on me.
  13. England
    Moves
    23 Nov '05 13:28
    What x you talking about? She's old and wise enough to have given up on me.
    the one in the corner a little red x . has she checked the insurance policy try doubling it for snake bites. then give her your chess codes and let me know. LOL.
  14. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 19:43
    I'm going through a spiritual wasteland these days and am looking for a new beginning. I have realized that I have not fully appreciated some of the culture that surrounds me, namely snake handling. I will try to partake of this within the next several months and get back with you to let you know how I faired. I have been reading a book that has inspi ...[text shortened]... on Sand Mountain." I am hoping that I can reclaim my life after this experience. God bless.
    Well, how did it go? Or are you still in those several months?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jan '06 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Just out of curiosity, where in the Bible does it say that Christians can handle snakes? I know this is practiced in a number of churches.
    Mark 16:18 and Luke 10:19.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree