1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 09:35
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    e=mc^2 is the mass energy equivalent. nuclear power stations use fission, no connection there, look it up. if e=mc^2 would be wrong it won't change the fact that an atomic bomb goes "boom" . so it would still work but we wouldn't know the exact amount of energy released.

it is not absurd to suggest that todays science may be wrong. and i didn't suggest ...[text shortened]... n some circumstances. so it is not absurd to think quantum physics might be proven wrong.
    …e=mc^2 is the mass energy equivalent. nuclear power stations use fission, no connection there, look it up….

Sorry! You are talking crap! I have studied nuclear physics at university (have you?) and I understand it perfectly (do you?) . Nuclear fission is the splitting of the nucleus of an atom into parts (lighter nuclei ) which can release large amounts of energy and how much energy it releases is determined by E=mc^2
    You obviously don’t understand basic nuclear physics.

…if e=mc^2 would be wrong it won't change the fact that an atomic bomb goes "boom"…

Wrong! Again you display your compete ignorance of nuclear physics. If e=mc^2 is wrong then there would be no accounting for the vast amounts of energy an atom bomb releases.

…it is not absurd to suggest that todays science may be wrong. and i didn't suggest the whole of science.

So what? A small part of science “may” be wrong (and probably is somewhere) but it would still be absurd to suggest most of science “may” be wrong (if you would suggest such a thing) because if most of it was wrong, then modern technology wouldn’t work.

…the science of Ptolemy has been proven partially wrong. so was Newton physics proven wrong in some circumstances. so it is not absurd to think quantum physics might be proven wrong….

If quantum physics was eventually proven wrong in some circumstances then that is just the nature of science for science evolves and improves that way. But it would be absurd to suggest that quantum physics is wrong in most circumstances (if you would suggest such a thing) because, if that was true, then modern technology wouldn’t work. Therefore, in that narrow sense, quantum physics must be mostly right just as Newton physics must be mostly right even though relativity proofs Newton physics to make inaccurate predictions under certain extreme conditions (such as what will happen if you went you travel close to the speed of light etc)
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 09:57
    Are there really christians that don't believe in science?
    If so, what are they doing in this century?
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 11:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Are there really christians that don't believe in science?
    If so, what are they doing in this century?
    probably plowing the fields and driving the buggy to town to sell some quilts at cheap prices.

at least the amish choose to isolate themselves from the world as a way of life. whether it is right or wrong is a subject for another debate, though i for one never heard of an amish serial killer.

but there are christians living here, who went to school, who have access to public libraries and the internet and who still believe god made the world in 6 days and that man and dinosaurs lived together like the flintstones.

oh well, i guess televanghelists must make millions of the back of some people.
  4. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 12:53
    'so it is not absurd to think quantum physics might be proven wrong'

Quantum theory is spectacularly accurate and in imo won't be proven wrong - although some interpretations of QT will be found to be wrong.

It is not QT that is wrong it is classical physics that is wrong - of course you don't need QT to tell you that -the correct interpretation of QT can be found in Buddhist philosophy and has been around for 2,500 years. Conciousness collapses the wave function and any attempt to prove otherwise (e.g. many world's theory) is total madness.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 12:57
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    god's name is burt.... if you follow him, you have to have monday's off work as that is a day of rest and reflection, apart from that, burt pretty much lets you do what you want
    does he have a mustache and drive a trans am? cuz if so I am IN!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree