Imputations

Imputations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jul 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Every member of the human race is involved with the first imputation, as it begins at the moment of physical birth. Soul life is imputed by God to the biological life of the fetus, thus creating human life. As shown in an earlier thread related to where life comes from (see, "Who Give(s) Life?" from earlier this spring), there is a distinction between bi ...[text shortened]... 's purpose in imputing the soul has always been the same: for our happiness and blessing.
There is no evidence to support any of these claims you are stating as fact. And you are carefully avoiding responding to my posts so I will ask you a simple question.

What is the point in discussing the properties of something, when there is no evidence to support its existance and there is considerable evidence in favour of it not existing, and even if it did exist, would nesecerily be so far out of the realms of human understanding as to be incomprehensible to us?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Jul 06

Sorry, guv'nah. I should have started with the usual disclaimer. As has been established, my rants are informed by a belief that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. As such, the Bible takes precedence over all other sources as the final authority on any subject in which it concerns itself.

Does that make my position more perspicuous?

Moves
09 Jul 06

yes. even less supportable, but perfectly clear. the question as to why you believe the bible is the inerrant does raise it's self however.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
09 Jul 06

Originally posted by googlefudge
the question as to why you believe the bible is the inerrant does raise it's self however.
Please fasten your seatbelt. The Fantastic Freaky Merry-Go-Round is about to depart.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jul 06

Originally posted by googlefudge
yes. even less supportable, but perfectly clear. the question as to why you believe the bible is the inerrant does raise it's self however.
Well, we can't know everything, now can we. Sometimes it's better to leave some things unanswered.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
10 Jul 06

Sometimes it's better to leave some things unanswered.
Indeed. Especially if the answer is somewhat...unsatisfying.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
26 Jul 06

Well, we can't know everything, now can we. Sometimes it's better to leave some things unanswered.
Like this thread, you mean?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Jul 06

Originally posted by David C
Like this thread, you mean?
I've decided against completing the thread, as there didn't appear to be a great hue and cry for it at its first appearance.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
27 Jul 06

I've decided against completing the thread, as there didn't appear to be a great hue and cry for it at its first appearance.
Like that ever stopped you before. 😛

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Jul 06

Originally posted by David C
Like that ever stopped you before. 😛
True that. Maybe I'm evolving some wisdom.

Moves
27 Jul 06

True that. Maybe I'm evolving some wisdom.
Developing some wisdom. Evolution would require there to be selection pressure on subsequent generations. Otherwise lemmings would evolve wings on the way down. You will never agree with evolution while you misunderstand it 😉 .