1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 May '06 11:50
    I wonder if any of the Christians out there might consider worshipping a fallible god. We follow fallible people all the time, they lead our governments, our workplaces, our financial matters etc. And we seem to get along fine, in the knowledge of this, the acceptance of inevitable error, whilst annoying is hardly overcoming. So, what if god were fallible. What if he was still kick @$$ powerful, and everything else that you claim him to be, but he was fallible, he made mistakes. Would he still be worth worshipping? You surely worship other fallible figures, footballers, personal heroes, your father etc. It would mean a lot less pressure from atheists for one, and would possibly be more reconcilable with the state of the world and the maze of interpretations.

Anyone tempted?
  2. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    05 May '06 12:57
    People are far too insecure for such a concept. Would you place your eternal soul in the hands of an erring entity?

In either event, I highly doubt this would calm atheists, as I suspect most believe as I do in that the Gods of current major religions are hardly infallible, despite what their followers might choose to believe.

Meanwhile I believe we should declare your avatar God and be done with it.

-JC
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 May '06 13:06
    Originally posted by Churlant
    People are far too insecure for such a concept. Would you place your eternal soul in the hands of an erring entity?

In either event, I highly doubt this would calm atheists, as I suspect most believe as I do in that the Gods of current major religions are hardly infallible, despite what their followers might choose to believe.

Meanwhile I believe we should declare your avatar God and be done with it.

-JC
    Bless you brother, our heavenly lady smiles bountifully upon you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree