1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 00:23
    Originally posted by roigam
    You seem to be a very optimistic individual. Optimists look for the best in people and many times posit good to them. I'd like your rose colored glasses when you are done with them. It's a loving way to look at people.
    Our Creator looks at us like that and hopes for the best.
    I'll just regard this post as a result of you not being here very long at all.

Otherwise, I'd have to put you in the 'naive' category.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '15 00:34
    You seem to be a very optimistic individual. Optimists look for the best in people and many times posit good to them. I'd like your rose colored glasses when you are done with them. It's a loving way to look at people.
    Our Creator looks at us like that and hopes for the best.
    A fair few Christians here are dreary, jaundiced, impotent, pessimists ~ 'mankind is depraved', 'the end is nigh', dissenters are 'as dangerous as Satan', 'we are not worthy', 'billions will burn in eternal agony', 'people unlike me have meaningless lives', 'non-Christians don't have all the human attributes', 'there's no point trying to make things better, we are doomed, mankind deserves it'. Ad nauseam. It's really quite sad.

I have long been interested in exploring whether Christian ideology in some people feeds on or appeals to their negative, misanthropic orientation, or whether this orientation is engendered by their Christian ideology. It would be interesting psychological territory but of course religionists who are inclined to be self-righteous misery guts don't want to scrutinize their personal doomsday syndrome and sense of helplessness and victimhood; and they certainly don't want to lay any diagnosis on the doorstep of the superstitions they cling to.

My optimism is based on what I see around me and on my travels. In 'real' life, most Christians I know are productive, positive people with heaps of generosity of spirit, and thus dissimilar to many of the gloomy members of the motley group that happens to be assembled here.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 02:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    A fair few Christians here are dreary, jaundiced, impotent, pessimists ~ 'mankind is depraved', 'the end is nigh', dissenters are 'as dangerous as Satan', 'we are not worthy', 'billions will burn in eternal agony', 'people unlike me have meaningless lives', 'non-Christians don't have all the human attributes', 'there's no point trying to make things better, we a ...[text shortened]... dissimilar to many of the gloomy members of the motley group that happens to be assembled here.
    (Romans 5:12) That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned
    (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    (Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Most people also have many good qualities because we are made in God's image. The rebellion (sin) causing defects is ours not our Creator's.
    The price we pay is DEATH not burning in hell as many have been misled to believe.
    If we learn the house rules and live by them to the best of our feeble ability, Our Heavenly Father has purposed for us to have everlasting life through the ransom provision of His 1st born Son, Christ Jesus.
    I hope you and any others on this site will find that narrow, cramped path that leads to life.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 02:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'll just regard this post as a result of you not being here very long at all. Otherwise, I'd have to put you in the 'naive' category.
    Don't you think I am optimistic and positive about the state of the world and the human condition? I have posted hundreds and hundreds of times to express this optimism and have consistently engaged people here who are pessimistic about the way the world is (or has changed) or who are even so negative about it they believe it is about to end. Have you not read any of these posts of mine in all the time you have been here?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 03:01
    (Romans 5:12) That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned
    (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    (Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Most people ...[text shortened]...
    I hope you and any others on this site will find that narrow, cramped path that leads to life.
    Does the current state of the world make you believe that the "time of the end" is almost upon us?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree