1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 00:31
    The intellect, that for 1 second thinks of randomness as the cause for biology, is a foolish and deluded intellect.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 01:30
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The intellect, that for 1 second thinks of randomness as the cause for biology, is a foolish and deluded intellect.
    I wouldn't have said it so directly but you are right.
    If one believes in the "big bang", who lit the first match?
    If one believes in the "evolution of man", how did the evolution of woman occur?
    Obviously there is a guiding agent in our coming into existence.
    It was not random but by design wouldn't you agree?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 01:44
    Originally posted by roigam
    Who even made the first match?
    We don't know.
    Therefore Godiddit.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 03:22
    Originally posted by roigam
    I wouldn't have said it so directly but you are right.
    If one believes in the "evolution of man", how did the evolution of woman occur?
    Obviously there is a guiding agent in our coming into existence.
    It was not random but by design wouldn't you agree?
    Yes you are correct, design is coming from a designer.

When the design is wound up like a rubber band and then released............the living entity has finite paths to take.

Our illusion of freedom is [choosing one of those paths.]

Freedom from the rubber band is not possible, unless one finally chooses to embrace God and change their consciousness.

The change in consciousness from mundane to transcendental is absolutely necessary for the living entity to become self realized and to return home ......[Back To Godhead]

If the living entity does not endeavor to change his consciousness to [Krsna Consciousness] he will remain in this mundane material world of repeated birth, disease, old age and death......forever.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 12:44
    Yes you are correct, design is coming from a designer.

When the design is wound up like a rubber band and then released............the living entity has finite paths to take.

Our illusion of freedom is [choosing one of those paths.]

Freedom from the rubber band is not possible, unless one finally chooses to embrace God and change their consciousness. ...[text shortened]... emain in this mundane material world of repeated birth, disease, old age and death......forever.
    Tell me how Krshna visited Earth 8 billion years ago when the SUN didn't even exist at that time? And won't be due back for another 8 billion years when the sun will have burned itself and Earth and Mercury, Venus and Mars into cinders well before that?

It is too bad for Krshna lovers that science has overtaken the 'knowledge' of the Veda's. We can predict how long the sun (and therefore the inner planets) will live because we see literally billions of other examples just like our sun that are in various stages of development, just like seeing thousands of chickens in a chicken farm, you see just eggs before they hatch, 1 day old chicks, 2 week old chicks, 1 year old adults, and old ones that die, since we have so many in various life stages and they are almost exactly like our sun, we can say with confidence how long the sun has been here and how long it will be before it runs out of fuel and that date is something like 2 to 4 billion years from now, way shorter than that man made number of Krshna. Science alone tells us that Krshna thing is just another example of a religion made up entirely by men just like all the other religions on Earth. Yours is no exception. THAT is the truth.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 18:03
    And your opinion holds value because....?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 18:20
    do you know anybody who thinks biology is random?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    It's really quite funny, humans trying to tell humans about a god or gods.

A human, any human, wouldn't know a god if it came down and bit said human's nose.

All religions are strictly man made and anyone who says different is sadly deluded including Dasa and RJ Hinds and all the rest of the whatever 5 billion or so religious people. It wouldn't matter if all 7 billion of us desperately wish for a god, there will be no god coming down to fix our boo boo's.

The only thing we get from religion, outside of weak minded people getting the strength to go on from day to day living their lives in fear, is religious war, which we have had continuously for the last 3000 or so years and especially now with ISIS and the Taliban killing school children.

And OF COURSE the Christian set will say 'they are not worshiping the REAL god'

and OF COURSE the Muslim set will say 'they are not worshiping the REAL god'.

And so forth and so on and if a real god wanted to, it could easily talk to each human being on the planet in that person's native language and yet that has never happened.

So why do Christians think THEIR god is THE true god when it started a few thousand years ago with a plagiarized creation tale and immediately set up in such a way as a (WOW, what a coincidence) HUMAN being on top of the heap, telling other humans what is going on.

How CONVENIENT for that lucky top dog, getting the best food, the best women, but reminding everyone that women are worth 30 shekels but MEN are worth 50. Wow, what a happy coincidence, for men anyway.

So you really think a GOD would say this utter BS?
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 20:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's really quite funny, humans trying to tell humans about a god or gods.

A human, any human, wouldn't know a god if it came down and bit said human's nose.
    I'm God. I go out every day wearing a sandwich board that says so.

But I do not think I'm being taken seriously.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 20:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 20:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm not sure about that, but, the Fundamentalists insist on worshipping the sandwich board and not me. Such literal creatures...
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 21:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 22:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Tell me how Krshna visited Earth 8 billion years ago when the SUN didn't even exist at that time? And won't be due back for another 8 billion years when the sun will have burned itself and Earth and Mercury, Venus and Mars into cinders well before that?

It is too bad for Krshna lovers that science has overtaken the 'knowledge' of the Veda's. We can pred ...[text shortened]... ely by men just like all the other religions on Earth. Yours is no exception. THAT is the truth.
    The universe is much older than atheistic science has reported.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 22:33
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Atheistic science..............

Remember that accidental random event when a lightning bolt struck a puddle of mud and biological life began.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 06:20
    It is clearly the other way around. Biology is the cause of randomness. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree