1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 May '18 22:14
    I'd think that if I were dying of thirst, no way would I ever have to pee.

Urine is almost just water.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 May '18 22:21
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I'd think that if I were dying of thirst, no way would I ever have to pee.

Urine is almost just water.
    When one becomes medically dehydrated, the urine output drops dramatically, but never to zero. Waste material still needs to be excreted and flushed out. It's why the urine becomes more concentrated when you're dehydrated; more waste, less water, percentage-wise. One can estimate their hydration levels by the color of their urine. Easier for guys than gals, obviously. When fully hydrated, the urine becomes more pale, and can, in some cases, seem almost colorless.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 May '18 02:20
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    When one becomes medically dehydrated, the urine output drops dramatically, but never to zero. Waste material still needs to be excreted and flushed out. It's why the urine becomes more concentrated when you're dehydrated; more waste, less water, percentage-wise. One can estimate their hydration levels by the color of their urine. Easier for guys than ...[text shortened]... When fully hydrated, the urine becomes more pale, and can, in some cases, seem almost colorless.
    tiger’s pee was fluorescent green about six weeks ago. He was quite alarmed and yelled, “What’s the matter with my tinkle?” at the top of his lungs before I rushed him to the hospital. We were both nervous wrecks and tiger kept Googling “lime pee pee” and “green number one” to diagnose himself.

When we finally saw a doctor, she did a urinanalysis test and it came back that the discoloration was due to green dye used in pints of ale at the pub on St. Patty’s Day.

The doctor and tiger and I laughed and laughed but the doctor became alarmed when she heard how many pints of ale tiger drank.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 May '18 07:29
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    When one becomes medically dehydrated, the urine output drops dramatically, but never to zero. Waste material still needs to be excreted and flushed out. It's why the urine becomes more concentrated when you're dehydrated; more waste, less water, percentage-wise. One can estimate their hydration levels by the color of their urine. Easier for guys than gal ...[text shortened]... y. When fully hydrated, the urine becomes more pale, and can, in some cases, seem almost colorless.
    I do know you are very right here. Doesn't affect my point, though.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 May '18 07:33
    If I'm dying of thirst, shouldn't have to drink my piss. 🙁
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 May '18 08:02
    Originally posted by @apathist
    If I'm dying of thirst, shouldn't have to drink my piss. 🙁
    The great irony is people who were dying of thirst aboard ships - surrounded by water and not a drop to drink.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree