1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 02:31
    @suzianne said
    Define "nigh".

Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? Ten years? Twenty years? Fifty years?
    November 2016.

Hurricane Assclown.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 09:58
    @soothfast said
    November 2016.

Hurricane Assclown.
    Hmmmm...

I find that I just cannot argue with this.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 10:264 edits
    @badradger said
    light & bitter my god man, what on gods earth is light & bitter, up north we drink man beer Newcastle brown ale (the original WIFE BEATER) non of your southern shandy drinking light ale.
    “Light and bitter” as you well know, is a popular ‘working class’ pint mixed from a half pint of bitter and a bottle of light ale. I use to drink it myself many years ago.

It is also a metaphor I am leveraging for whatever emoluments, goods or services you claim you were able to obtain for a tuppenny farthing and sixpence back ye olde days of yore and Harold Wilson.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 10:33
    @divegeester said
    “Light and bitter” as you well know, is a popular ‘working class’ pint mixed from a half pint of bitter and a bottle of light ale. I use to drink it myself many years ago.
    In some cases, something peculiar happens when you do this kind of thing with certain combinations. We used to drink a pint we called a "Brain Damage" which was a half of Abbot Ale and a bottle of St. Edmunds. It was inexplicably potent. Whereas, after playing cricket or rugby, one might imbibe ten pints of beer and stagger off into the night, none of us could go much beyond four Brain Damages without becoming unable to even stagger.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 10:38
    @fmf said
    In some cases, something peculiar happens when you do this kind of thing with certain combinations. We used to drink a pint we called a "Brain Damage" which was a half of Abbot Ale and a bottle of St. Edmunds. It was inexplicably potent. Whereas, after playing cricket or rugby, one might imbibe ten pints of beer and stagger off into the night, none of us could go much beyond four Brain Damages without becoming unable to even stagger.
    Indeed; a similar phenomena was found with a “snake bite” which was bizarrely frothy and cloudy mix of cider and lager. This could be transformed into a “purple nasty” by the addition of a pernod and blackcurrent. A purple nasty was a sort of “game over” drink for the uninitiated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree