1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 13:102 edits
    What if the whole Jesus thing were a trick by Satan. Satan manipulated the writing and piecing together of the Bible. Deception. What would be insidious about it is that Satan made Jesus out to be a good guy and to have positive teachings.

And instead what if the truth is that the only way to get to heaven is to reject Jesus. It's possible. God rewards the people who have the courage and strength to reject Jesus.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 16:22
    Originally posted by moon1969
    What if the whole Jesus thing were a trick by Satan. Satan manipulated the writing and piecing together of the Bible. Deception. What would be insidious about it is that Satan made Jesus out to be a good guy and to have positive teachings.

And instead what if the truth is that the only way to get to heaven is to reject Jesus. It's possible. God rewards the people who have the courage and strength to reject Jesus.
    Maybe God punishes anyone who spends an inordinate amount of time on either side of the issue.😉

Or, maybe, just the opposite is true; God rewards anyone to whom the issue matters.

There is this book that some people think tells the truth about it...
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 16:26

??????????? Kind of a strange thought. The problem I see, not so much thinking that yourself but posting it. What I mean is Satan is trying every trick in the book to try and distract humans from getting to know God and his ways and the truths about him, and satan is doing everything he can to discredit God and make us doubt anything good, this might be playing along those lines.
    Just my thought and I'm sure you don't mean anything bad and just posting a thought for discussion, but I personally find this not a good thing. I'm sure I'll get blasted by a couple posters but that's nothing new....
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 16:36

"Great Deceiver" is one of Lucifer's titles.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 18:241 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    ??????????? Kind of a strange thought. The problem I see, not so much thinking that yourself but posting it. What I mean is Satan is trying every trick in the book to try and distract humans from getting to know God and his ways and the truths about him, and satan is doing everything he can to discredit God and make us doubt anything good, this might b not a good thing. I'm sure I'll get blasted by a couple posters but that's nothing new....
    not at all strange. the theoretical satan would try to lead the people to the worship of other or strange gods (relative to the one you're supposed to worship).

jesus's "father" definitely qualifies a strange god (compared to the god the hebrews were familiar with), with some different rules on eating and living, punishment and interacting with humans.

in order for the deception to have a better chance of working, it would have to closely resemble the current status quo. but it looks like the jews saw through the deception and rejectred christ and his strange father, so satan changed his story and went to the gentiles instead in order to have them persecute and pressure the jews into converting away from the god of their fathers.

[edit]
    curiously, this is confirmed in revelation and peter where jesus is revealed to be the "morning star" which is a phrase associated with the fallen lucifer/satan.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 22:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    Maybe God punishes anyone who spends an inordinate amount of time on either side of the issue.😉

Or, maybe, just the opposite is true; God rewards anyone to whom the issue matters.

There is this book that some people think tells the truth about it...
    Apathy. Ya maybe it is possible that the way to get to heaven is to be apathetic and believe no side. God loves and rewards apathy.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    ??????????? Kind of a strange thought. The problem I see, not so much thinking that yourself but posting it. What I mean is Satan is trying every trick in the book to try and distract humans from getting to know God and his ways and the truths about him, and satan is doing everything he can to discredit God and make us doubt anything good, this might b not a good thing. I'm sure I'll get blasted by a couple posters but that's nothing new....
    You have a legitimate reply.

Yet, it wold be wild if it is the people who accept Jesus as their savior are the ones that God frowns on and does not accept. An elaborate hoax by Satan that Jesus is savior.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree