1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 21:30
    the other day i saw jesus on a mountain bike, should i have said something?
  2. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 22:001 edit
    Allah Akbar. Just for a laugh.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 22:541 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    the other day i saw jesus on a mountain bike, should i have said something?
    You could have said

"Lord Jesus, I confess that I love mountain biking more than you. Maybe I love this mountain more than you also. I love my sense of humor more than you. Lord Jesus I love many many things more than you.

Yet you hung on the cross for six hours and shed your righteous blood for me. You died in my place because of your great love for me.

But me, I love this bike more than I love you.

Soften my heart a little Lord Jesus. I cannot soften my heart. But I ask you to soften my heart that I would not love any idol or anything more than You. For you died and rose for me that I might have forgiveness and eternal life.

Thankyou Lord Jesus."

Whatever you think you saw, this would have been a good prayer to touch Christ.
  4. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 02:07
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    Allah Akbar. Just for a laugh.
    Ahhh, derka derka derka!
  5. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 04:10
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You could have said

[b]"Lord Jesus, I confess that I love mountain biking more than you. Maybe I love this mountain more than you also. I love my sense of humor more than you. Lord Jesus I love many many things more than you.

Yet you hung on the cross for six hours and shed your righteous blood for me. You died in my place because of your gr ...[text shortened]... us."

Whatever you think you saw, this would have been a good prayer to touch Christ.[/b]
    I think that prayer would make even the mountain's chipmunks and bluebirds stand up and laugh at you. And not in a good way.

In a "you better pack that sh-t out in a ziplock bag, camper" kind of way.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 06:44
    Father O'Toole hath spoken.. Oh My! 😵
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 07:07
    Originally posted by jaywill
    "Lord Jesus, I confess that I love mountain biking more than you."

Whatever you think you saw, this would have been a good prayer to touch Christ.
    Surely if he truly loves mountain biking more than Jesus then he should be praying to the mountain bike not Jesus? If he loves Jesus more then he would be lying to claim otherwise.
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 09:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Surely if he truly loves mountain biking more than Jesus then he should be praying to the mountain bike not Jesus? If he loves Jesus more then he would be lying to claim otherwise.
    Should a herioin addict who loved heroin more than his wife not pray that he should learn to love heroin less and his wife more , or would that be a lie?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 09:421 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Should a herioin addict who loved heroin more than his wife not pray that he should learn to love heroin less and his wife more , or would that be a lie?
    Why would he pray that? Surely if he loves heroin more he will pray for more heroin. If he says the prayer that you suggest then yes it would be a lie for him to claim that he loves heroin more because he clearly loves his wife more.

[edit] of course we are in the complicated realm of the differences between 'right', 'love', 'want', 'desire' and 'what we actually do'. It also depends on what type of love you are talking about as there are various kinds.
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 15:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Maybe he should pray to Jesus for a moutain bike. I doubt the mountain bike itself would be able to answer his prayers... or is this a veiled comment disputing the existance of God?
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 17:401 edit
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    Maybe he should pray to Jesus for a moutain bike. I doubt the mountain bike itself would be able to answer his prayers... or is this a veiled comment disputing the existance of God?
    the funny part is if this were true, people will start wearing chains with mountain bikes round their necks... they would touch a picture of a mountain bike to feel closer to god... some would even worship the mountain bike.... there would be deaths over the mountain bike... wars would be started because some would claim they are the rightful owners of the mountain bike... oh dear.... this just shows how ridiculous the whole religion thing really is

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree