1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    19 Mar '12 09:58
    The Jehovah's Witnesses once proudly called themselves "Russellites" after the
    founder Charles Taze Russell.

    http://www.seanet.com/~raines/offshoot.html
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    19 Mar '12 11:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Jehovah's Witnesses once proudly called themselves "Russellites" after the
    founder Charles Taze Russell.

    http://www.seanet.com/~raines/offshoot.html
    We were also called the International Bible Students Association, what of it?
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    19 Mar '12 14:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Jehovah's Witnesses once proudly called themselves "Russellites" after the
    founder Charles Taze Russell.

    http://www.seanet.com/~raines/offshoot.html
    You must be getting tired of being attacked by almost the entire RHP membership so now your'e doing what a little kid would do, strick back. Lol. How old are you again?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    19 Mar '12 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Jehovah's Witnesses once proudly called themselves "Russellites" after the
    founder Charles Taze Russell.

    http://www.seanet.com/~raines/offshoot.html
    Well, your religion by rights should be called Paulism not Christianity. So what difference does it make what a religion is named?
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    19 Mar '12 14:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You must be getting tired of being attacked by almost the entire RHP membership so now your'e doing what a little kid would do, strick back. Lol. How old are you again?
    LOL. Russellites! He's gone straight for the jugular.
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    19 Mar '12 14:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    LOL. Russellites! He's gone straight for the jugular.
    Lol. Yes my very, very secret membership card that no one can see says: "You sware to be a Russellite and and worship the man until you DIE!!!!!!
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    19 Mar '12 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, your religion by rights should be called Paulism not Christianity. So what difference does it make what a religion is named?
    Actually without Paul many aspects of the Jewish system of things and how it relates to
    the Christ would have been unknown, the high priest, the temple arrangement a
    foreshadow of the heavenly one, the propitiatory sacrifice, literally a perfect covering
    etc etc etc were you aware of this, well were you? I dont think so. Interesting that the
    most opinionated opponents of the Bible are the ones who have never taken the time
    to study its contents.
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    19 Mar '12 21:11
    I'm done attacking what is the point? 🙂 It's silly and stupid.
    If one can't love his neighbor who he has seen then how can he say he loves God? Whom he has not seen?





    Manny
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    19 Mar '12 21:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually without Paul many aspects of the Jewish system of things and how it relates to
    the Christ would have been unknown, the high priest, the temple arrangement a
    foreshadow of the heavenly one, the propitiatory sacrifice, literally a perfect covering
    etc etc etc were you aware of this, well were you? I dont think so. Interesting that the
    ...[text shortened]... nated opponents of the Bible are the ones who have never taken the time
    to study its contents.
    I believe it's awesome how God shows us through the old testament his fore-shadowing of the reality of a world beyond this.



    Manny
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    19 Mar '12 21:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually without Paul many aspects of the Jewish system of things and how it relates to
    the Christ would have been unknown, the high priest, the temple arrangement a
    foreshadow of the heavenly one, the propitiatory sacrifice, literally a perfect covering
    etc etc etc were you aware of this, well were you? I dont think so. Interesting that the
    ...[text shortened]... nated opponents of the Bible are the ones who have never taken the time
    to study its contents.
    Even more it sounds like it should be Paulizm.
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    19 Mar '12 21:59
    Originally posted by menace71
    I believe it's awesome how God shows us through the old testament his fore-shadowing of the reality of a world beyond this.



    Manny
    Good points Manny. The big picture we all need to keep our hearts and eyes on is the promisses in the Bible of a better life for all that want it. But we know this world is bad and being directed as a whole by Satan. Just watching the news of all these innocent kids getting shot at schools all over the world by demonic and almost unhuman people the last few days is horrible.
    Your a good guy and stay close to God in your life and hopefully we can all make it thru this life and into the better one God promisses in the Bible.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Joined
    03 Apr '03
    Moves
    140206
    19 Mar '12 22:231 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Good points Manny. The big picture we all need to keep our hearts and eyes on is the promisses in the Bible of a better life for all that want it. But we know this world is bad and being directed as a whole by Satan. Just watching the news of all these innocent kids getting shot at schools all over the world by demonic and almost unhuman people the last ...[text shortened]... hopefully we can all make it thru this life and into the better one God promisses in the Bible.
    I have to believe we are in a time like the days of Noah...Man in all of his endeavors and intellect yet morality seems to be at an all time low. I know people will say it's been evil through out all of the ages but I don't know. People have less love in their hearts than ever it seems. The truth in any fashion seems harder to find. Political religious ect......All seem to have some hidden agenda. Maybe it's just my mind state as of right now but one point I will agree with you that while technologically we are reaching a high point we are reaching a low on morality.


    Manny
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    19 Mar '12 22:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Even more it sounds like it should be Paulizm.
    only to those not spiritual enough to put the parts together to form a whole!
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    19 Mar '12 23:16
    Originally posted by menace71
    I have to believe we are in a time like the days of Noah...Man in all of his endeavors and intellect yet morality seems to be at an all time low. I know people will say it's been evil through out all of the ages but I don't know. People have less love in their hearts than ever it seems. The truth in any fashion seems harder to find. Political religious ect ...[text shortened]... e technologically we are reaching a high point we are reaching a low on morality.


    Manny
    Yes you are right that things are getting worse especially morally which I guess that goes hand in hand with crime and wars are whatever. Maybe it has to do with the growth of population in general but what happens in the world now is bigger and affects more of us.
    But you know the scriptures that talks about Satan and that he knows his time is getting shorter for him and like any trapped animal or human they start to get frustrated and even scared knowing that their time is getting close to being caught or trapped or locked up in the case of Satan. And like we see in selfish humans that get in that situation they usually want to take as many innocent people with them as they can.
    It's for sure he's doing a number on mankind like we've never seen... You can certianly feel the tension in the world like there has never been before.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    20 Mar '12 05:091 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You must be getting tired of being attacked by almost the entire RHP membership so now your'e doing what a little kid would do, strick back. Lol. How old are you again?
    I did not mean this as an attack. I meant it for education. The point is that the
    JWs goes back only to the late 1800s to a young man of 20 years old. How
    could he possibly know more than the Church fathers that go back to the first
    century? This man claims no supenatural source of knowledge like Christ.
    Even Joseph Smith knew enough to claim He was visited by an angel of Light
    (probably Satan) and was provided with Gold Plates from which he was given
    the supernatural ability to translate into the Book of Mormon, which is all we
    have of the Gold Plates that mysteriously disappeared.

    I think the foundation and the beliefs of the JW's should be doubted or at least
    suspect. The founder has already been proven wrong on his interpretation of a
    prophecy.
Back to Top