1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 19:05
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    From the little I know of the JW’s, they deny the deity of Jesus Christ and therefore contradict the Bible.

I had a JW come to my door once, before I became a Christian. At the time I wasn’t interested in any religion, though I still believed in God and have since childhood.

We had a short conversation and she left. If a JW came to my door now, we’ ...[text shortened]... far as controlling them that remind me of Scientology but have no idea if the reports are true.
    They also target vulnerable and easily led people in the community.

I remember telling Robbie (a JW) years ago how I was once carrying out a home visit to a client when a pair of JW's knocked on his door. Unaware that I was inside the property, I was truly appalled how they tried to bully him, despite his clear mental health issues. (It was not the first time they had called on him).

I'm very rarely rude to people. That day was an exception.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 22:41
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    They also target vulnerable and easily led people in the community.

I remember telling Robbie (a JW) years ago how I was once carrying out a home visit to a client when a pair of JW's knocked on his door. Unaware that I was inside the property, I was truly appalled how they tried to bully him, despite his clear mental health issues. (It was not ...[text shortened]... st time they had called on him).

I'm very rarely rude to people. That day was an exception.
    JW's are an odd lot. I once had two of them held captive in my house for weeks. Figuratively speaking.

They are easily controlled. I kept leading them on by allowing them to think it was their idea to keep up the challenge. In the end it played itself out and they stopped bothering me. They must have put the word out though as none of them ever came back.

More's the pity, since I derived a good bit of entertainment showing them the error of their doctrine right from their own NWT.

What I really don't like about them is that they come knocking on my door while I'm at work. My wife is kinder than I, but she still doesn't let them in.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 23:00
    Originally posted by @secondson
    JW's are an odd lot. I once had two of them held captive in my house for weeks. Figuratively speaking. They are easily controlled. I kept leading them on by allowing them to think it was their idea to keep up the challenge. In the end it played itself out and they stopped bothering me.
    I got to know a Japanese JW couple quite well when I lived there. However, unlike you, I was always upfront and sincere with them and didn't try to 'control' them in any way or deceive them about what I was actually thinking - or about the actual nature of our discussions. If I'd felt they were bothering me, I'd have simply told them. We went out for lunch a couple of times. I'm not sure doing that was something their elders would have approved of. There was something faintly tragic about them, especially in the context of their Japanese culture. They were very kind and genteel. And earnest.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 23:36
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I got to know a Japanese JW couple quite well when I lived there. However, unlike you, I was always upfront and sincere with them and didn't try to 'control' them in any way or deceive them about what I was actually thinking - or about the actual nature of our discussions. If I'd felt they were bothering me, I'd have simply told them. We went out for lunch a c ...[text shortened]... pecially in the context of their Japanese culture. They were very kind and genteel. And earnest.
    Well, 'unlike me' you have no vested interest in matters related to eternal life or the truth about how it is obtained.

I assure you I was and am quite sincere with JW's about the truth of the gospel, but I will do whatever it takes to unscrew their brainwashed minds, even when they don't know I'm doing it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 23:52
    Well, 'unlike me' you have no vested interest in matters related to eternal life or the truth about how it is obtained.

I assure you I was and am quite sincere with JW's about the truth of the gospel, but I will do whatever it takes to unscrew their brainwashed minds, even when they don't know I'm doing it.
    In your little sneering story, you did not make yourself sound like a person of integrity or common decency.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:02
    In your little sneering story, you did not make yourself sound like a person of integrity or common decency.
    He sounds like low life to do that to people. Thats why I say that these one saved always saved people, are the most arrogant of the Christian community.

In my runnings in with the JWs my point to them is to continue to do good works and to follow the commanments of Christ. These minor differences of opinion pertaining to doctrine are getting Christians nowhere. Jesus is not interested in that but instead looks for good works and righteousness. Many of them dont agree with that either because like the OSAS gang they are anxious to separate themselves into a group above the rest of the world.

Jesus will have a time kicking people back down to where their rightfully belong
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:03
    You should hear my BIG sneering story!
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:04
    You should hear my BIG sneering story!
    Feel free to post what you like.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:07
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    He sounds like low life to do that to people. Thats why I say that these one saved always saved people, are the most arrogant of the Christian community.

In my runnings in with the JWs my point to them is to continue to do good works and to follow the commanments of Christ. These minor differences of opinion pertaining to doctrine are getting Christians ...[text shortened]... the world.

Jesus will have a time kicking people back down to where their rightfully belong
    And you'll be the jackboot on his foot too I bet.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:08
    Feel free to post what you like.
    I always do, but thanks for your permission.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:20
    And you'll be the jackboot on his foot too I bet.
    Let me give you some free advice because you seem too immature to handle JWs. I tell these people that Im the wrong person to talk too. So they know from the start not the waste their time. Sometimes they stick around to find out why and sometimes they leave. But Im upfront with them

Your arrogant approach is deceitful and crooked, and that is what the OSAS doctrine does to you. You are so convinced that you are eternally saved that you do any evil crooked act and still get eternal life. You are more living proof that I am correct about your sick doctrine. Many JWs will see the Kingdom of God before your type pal .. so change your ways.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:28
    Originally posted by @rajk999

In my runnings in with the JWs my point to them is to continue to do good works and to follow the commanments of Christ. These minor differences of opinion pertaining to doctrine are getting Christians ...[text shortened]... the world.

You have such hatred for Christians who believe in the deity of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and who invited Him into their hearts. You have such hatred for people who read the Bible and go to church. You falsely think those people don’t do good works and don’t think helping their neighbor is important.

You think all the hate you have for Christians will be a good fit with Jesus?

You think your arrogance and pride and the way you condemn Christians to hell will be a good fit with Jesus?

You think your hypocrisy in condemning people for not doing enough good works while refusing to say what good works you do will be a good fit with Jesus?

You think your hypocrisy in telling people to follow the commandments of Christ while refusing to say if you follow them will be a good fit with Jesus?

You think misrepresenting Jesus as a hate-monger like you are is sitting well with Him?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 00:33
    I always do, but thanks for your permission.
    Don't be so dull: it wasn't giving "permission"; it's just a turn of phrase. You said I "should" do something that is reliant on you doing something - telling me something - but you haven't done it. Feel free to do it if you think I should hear it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 01:272 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship to divegeester
    I just seem to think it would be interesting to see you take a little teaspoon of your own medicine.
    You're a strange chap, sonship, you know that? You dish out what you think is "medicine" to a fellow poster using the sexual abuse of children as your prescription. And yet we had for years here a poster who wrote hundreds maybe thousands of posts defending the cover up of child sex abuse by his organization, smearing victims and their families, and abusing posters who criticized him for it - and he had the tawdry gall to use the Bible to do so, and I can't remember you even once giving him any "medicine".
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '18 01:41
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You have such hatred for Christians who believe in the deity of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and who invited Him into their hearts. You have such hatred for people who read the Bible and go to church. You falsely think those people don’t do good works and don’t think helping their neighbor is important.

You think all the hate you have for Christi ...[text shortened]... esus?

You think misrepresenting Jesus as a hate-monger like you are is sitting well with Him?
    The biggest hatemongers are the Christians who relish seeing people being tormented for eternity

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree