1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 22:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are you saying that the Foundation Stone is not on the Temple Mount? Or are you saying that it was moved?

Because the Holiest of Holies, within the Inner Sanctum of the Temple, was where the Ark of the Covenant was placed and where it is said that God resided. This was on the Foundation Stone.

There is argument about where, precisely, this was. The ...[text shortened]... re the Temple was, but I believe that none of these alternate sites was as far away as Mt. Zion.
    I am not saying anything, other than I watched this documentary and did a little research on the subject, the information is very compelling. If you have an interest it the matter at all you should really watch it for yourself, you will not be disappointed. One thing I find interesting and is part of the point of the documentary... Jesus states in Matt when talking to his disciples about what is to come when they were at the temple... he said...

Matthew 24 New International Version (NIV)
    The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times

24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”.

I have been to Jerusalem, I assure you that what is called the temple mount today is in place, the stones are as they were in Herod's day, was Jesus talking about that or something else? If the temple was in the geographic vicinity of the city of David outside of the temple mount complex on mount Zion, you wouldn't know it, nothing is there of any real antiquity, certainly no ancient buildings.. Another very compelling fact has to do with the spring of Gihon, it rises in a shaft outside of the temple mount on Mt. Zion, it is discussed to great length. If for no other reason, the spring is what is called a 'siphon spring' and it is very interesting how it works... there are only a few in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gihon_Spring

I often wondered how a third temple could be built, certainly the arbs would never allow it. However if it was determined that the actual place of the temple was on Mt. Zion, it is not an issue. The temple having been on what is called the temple mount may just be a massive deception, who knows? Very interesting though.

There is argument about where, precisely, this was. They say that, according to the Talmud, where the Rock is now is not where the Temple was, but I believe that none of these alternate sites was as far away as Mt. Zion.

Mt. Zion is literally a few hundred feet from the temple mount. Check out this link, Mt. Zion (ancient Mt. Zion) is right in the middle as is Gihon.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jerusalem,+Israel/@31.7743287,35.236716,17.92z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1502d7d634c1fc4b:0xd96f623e456ee1cb

Food for thought, there is no doubt there is a lot of half truths floating around.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 03:511 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I have recently watched a very compelling documentary on the temple and how it is believed by some scholars that the temple was actually outside of the temple complex.and located on Mt. Zion (the old Mt. Zion) east of the valley of the Cheesemongers.

In the scripture Matthew 24:1-2 Jesus makes a prediction about the destruction of the temple.

[b]Matt ...[text shortened]... tp://www.baseinstitute.org/pages/temple/22

http://askelm.com/temple/t001211.htm

-yoctobyte
    I understand that the utensils for the temple are complete or near completion. So if this is true, then the Jews may be able to rebuild their temple without disturbing the Dome of the Rock.

Is there a link to the video documentary?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 04:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I understand that the utensils for the temple are complete or near completion. So if this is true, then the Jews may be able to rebuild their temple without disturbing the Dome of the Rock.

No. The third Temple would have to be built upon the Foundation Stone, like both previous Temples.

Last I heard, the Foundation Stone is still under the Dome of the Rock.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 04:16
    No. The third Temple would have to be built upon the Foundation Stone, like both previous Temples.

What about this?

Where Is The True Temple Mount?

YouTube
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 04:18

RJ, see this link it will give you a little bit of info. It does not appear the full documentary is on YouTube, but it is on Netflix.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YwsGkNkaiUk
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 04:21

There is a stone under the dome of the rock, I believe it is the top of the mountain and have seen it. But is it the foundation stone? Dunno.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 04:39
    What about this?

Where Is The True Temple Mount?

[youtube]8iZQcUygz4U[/youtube]
    I have watched most of this and it seems to draw from the same documentary I am referring to. Good information.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 10:05
    RJ, see this link it will give you a little bit of info. It does not appear the full documentary is on YouTube, but it is on Netflix.

So what is the name of this documentary on Netflix so that I may see what they're on about?
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 11:021 edit
    So what is the name of this documentary on Netflix so that I may see what they're on about?
    Trailer...

JERUSALEM AND THE LOST TEMPLE OF THE JEWS

Edit: Amazon Prime also, it's been awhile since I watched on Netflix but on Amazon about a month.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 14:12
    There is a stone under the dome of the rock, I believe it is the top of the mountain and have seen it. But is it the foundation stone? Dunno.
    I heard the mount was dug up and destroyed. I don't know if it is likely that they could have taken the top of the mount to the dome of the rock.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 14:242 edits
    Temple Mount, Dome of Rock, Real site over Gihon Spring

Dr. Ernest Martin accmulated 1,500 pages of Evidence the Temples were buildt 1000 FT South of the Dome of the Rock over the Gihon Spring, the only Natural Water source in the City of Jerusalem, Hundreds of sacrifices a day the blood would of been washed off the Alter and it would of run down into the Kidron Valley, see his Book The Temple That Jerusalem Forgot. Dome of the Rock sits in the Middle of FT Antonio, a Roman Fortress, the place where Pilate lived.

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 15:551 edit
    Here is another interesting discussion on the location of the Temple. It makes sense.

YouTube

YouTube
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 16:12
    I heard the mount was dug up and destroyed. I don't know if it is likely that they could have taken the top of the mount to the dome of the rock.
    If you watch the documentary, Mt. Zion was destroyed because of it's height, so anything is possible.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 16:151 edit
    deleted
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    25 Nov '15 16:16
    Temple Mount, Dome of Rock, Real site over Gihon Spring

Dr. Ernest Martin accmulated 1,500 pages of Evidence the Temples were buildt 1000 FT South of the Dome of the Rock over the Gihon Spring, the only Natural Water source in the City of Jerusalem, Hundreds of sacrifices a day the blood would of been washed off the Alter and it would of run down into th ...[text shortened]... of FT Antonio, a Roman Fortress, the place where Pilate lived.

[youtube]lyXrshJ2kq0[/youtube]
    Thanks RJ, I will check it out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree