1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 05:12
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Do you think God could have saved the children if he wished?
    What children?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 05:13
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The targets were not the infants, were they.
    What infants?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 10:041 edit
    Do you think God could have saved the children if he wished?
    Maybe you should have payed attention in Bio class.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 10:24
    After all these threads about Jesus wanting people to burn in hell and being sexist, and being a neo Nazi, I just felt the need to clear the record.

Carry on.
    Are you going to clear the record on whether you believe the same Jesus who loves us (all of us) will also be the same Jesus spectating the orchestrated torture of billions of us in an eternal fiery hell?

Because this is the really the nub of the matter Whodey.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    What children?
    So you don't think that there were infants and children in Sodom?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 12:20
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you going to clear the record on whether you believe the same Jesus who loves us (all of us) will also be the same Jesus spectating the orchestrated torture of billions of us in an eternal fiery hell?

Because this is the really the nub of the matter Whodey.
    From what I've read of the Bible it appears that a place of eternal torment exists.

I'm not God Dive but I do trust that he is just and will deal out justice better than you or I could ever do based on his infinite wisdom which neither of us have.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 12:21
    So you don't think that there were infants and children in Sodom?
    Children suffer because of their parents. Many are abused in various ways or even have their lives cut short because of their actions. Is this just?

There is not much just in a world of sin, but I trust that God can make it right again some day.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 12:34
    Children suffer because of their parents. Many are abused in various ways or even have their lives cut short because of their actions. Is this just?

There is not much just in a world of sin, but I trust that God can make it right again some day.
    Isn't God responsible for giving those kids to those parents?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 12:44
    I'm not God Dive but I do trust that he is just and will deal out justice better than you or I could ever do based on his infinite wisdom which neither of us have.
    Your assertion has no moral content. Whatever it is, it's "justice"... because you say so... because you believe it is? It seems to have no moral substance or no function as a moral example. For example, what is a human application of this purportedly infinitely wise "justice"?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 13:14
    From what I've read of the Bible it appears that a place of eternal torment exists.

So you are comfortable with you belief that the Jesus who loves us will also be the Jesus who will torture billions of us for eternity?

Doesn't so very much like love to me.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 13:17
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your assertion has no moral content. Whatever it is, it's "justice"... because you say so... because you believe it is? It seems to have no moral substance or no function as a moral example. For example, what is a human application of this purportedly infinitely wise "justice"?
    FMF, Jesus loves you, even if you don't believe in him, but only until you die. After that he will become a monster who will personally torture you in hell for eternity.

It's a complete and utter incomprehensible nonsense teaching.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 16:121 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I simply recognize my limited ability to comprehend justice. I have my ideas, you have yours. At the end of the day, all of our thoughts vary to some degree or another, except for the same thought that we want justice.....except maybe for ourselves and those we love or care for. For those people we want mercy.

The question becomes, are all of these notions of justice based on anything or is it only our internal and inane musings as to how we want things to be? If the later, then there is no achievable justice because none exists.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 16:15
    FMF, Jesus loves you, even if you don't believe in him, but only until you die. After that he will become a monster who will personally torture you in hell for eternity.

It's a complete and utter incomprehensible nonsense teaching.
    Speaking of monsters, do you reckon Hitler will be your neighbor in the Pearly gates?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 16:34
    Speaking of monsters, do you reckon Hitler will be your neighbor in the Pearly gates?
    Why are you changing the subject?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 17:08
    Why are you changing the subject?
    I am simply moving from one perceived absurdity to another.

Perception, however, can be deceiving.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree