1. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 20:521 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Philippians 1:6
    Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

This verse has always been of great consolation to me.
    Until the day of Jesus Christ. God will work on you and help and assist to get you up to scratch until Jesus returns. After that if you dont measure up you are toast. Got that? So all this BS sonship proclaims about Christians getting a second chance to change after Jesus returns is just plain foolishness.

Hebrews 12 expresses the very same thing and ends with those Christians who fail .. they are destroyed.

Dont take false comfort and think that that passage supports the idea of eternal assurance of salvation for all Christians. There is no such thing. Some Christians have it and some do not.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    It's just what I heard ... about him praying and going into the wilderness and stuff.
    You know.
    I see; well what you heard is actually incorrect. Jesus never flinched from identifying who he was but he did flinch at the thought of going through that beating and execution.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 21:48
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Until the day of Jesus Christ. God will work on you and help and assist to get you up to scratch until Jesus returns. After that if you dont measure up you are toast. Got that? So all this BS sonship proclaims about Christians getting a second chance to change after Jesus returns is just plain foolishness.

Hebrews 12 expresses the very same thing and en ...[text shortened]... salvation for all Christians. There is no such thing. Some Christians have it and some do not.
    You cannot earn salvation.

The kingdom of God is not for sale.

You cannot be good enough to be righteous enough to be saved.

Doing good works cannot make you righteous enough to enter the kingdom of God.

Matthew 19:25,26
    When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
    ¶ But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Who can be saved? With man it is impossible.

Only by the grace of God through faith is it possible to be saved.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 21:55

When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
    ¶ But Jesus beheld them, and ...[text shortened]... With man it is impossible.

Well I did not take my brain numbing pills so your statements are not in the Bible. I wont bother asking you for references because I know you have none.

Just keep on reading Matt 19 and Jesus gives an idea who gets eternal life. Why did you stop at v 26?

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. (Matthew 19:28-29 KJV)

Those who follow Christ, those who give up their lives for Christ, forsaken the easy life...
    That is all works and righteousness.

Tell me if you want more references on what it means to follow Christ.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:03

¶ But Jesus beheld them, and ...[text shortened]... With man it is impossible.

This sounds reasonable. Saved through grace, not works.

Now....does that mean we are off the hook from doing good works?? NO!!!

Jesus took care of Heaven, not us, and our works.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:09
    Well I did not take my brain numbing pills so your statements are not in the Bible. I wont bother asking you for references because I know you have none.

Just keep on reading Matt 19 and Jesus gives an idea who gets eternal life. Why did you stop at v 26?

[i]And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the rege ...[text shortened]... ks and righteousness.

Tell me if you want more references on what it means to follow Christ.
    Salvation dummy. We're talking about salvation.

Not about "following Jesus".

You can't earn salvation. Shake your head back and forth and try to bump two brain cells together and have a single focused thought.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:131 edit
    Salvation dummy. We're talking about salvation.

Not about "following Jesus".

You can't earn salvation. Shake your head back and forth and try to bump two brain cells together and have a single focused thought.
    Oh .. thats right. You are correct. You can get salvation by just mouthing your belief. There is no need to follow Jesus or commandments. Ok carry on.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:29
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    This sounds reasonable. Saved through grace, not works.

Now....does that mean we are off the hook from doing good works?? NO!!!

Jesus took care of Heaven, not us, and our works.
    Unless one is born again and filled with the Spirit of God one is left powerless to be anything other than a sinner destined for destruction.

Being born again breaks the power of sin in the believers life enabling him to do the works, "...which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10c

Read the whole verse. The "good works" are ordained of God since before the world began, and are by designed for believers to do.

Salvation comes before works. Works don't save. Jesus saves.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:33
    Oh .. thats right. You are correct. You can get salvation by just mouthing your belief. There is no need to follow Jesus or commandments. Ok carry on.
    Without salvation you are powerless to follow Jesus.

Without salvation it's just mouth worship.

Speak Rajkmouth.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 22:41

Without salvation it's just mouth worship.

Speak Rajkmouth.
    Jesus said this somewhere?

11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 23:24
    Jesus said this somewhere?

Unless you're born again Rajk you can do good works from now till the millennium and they won't get you into the kingdom.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 00:30
    Unless you're born again Rajk you can do good works from now till the millennium and they won't get you into the kingdom.
    I know your opinion. I asked for references. Maybe if you were more like me and asked the church pastor for references you would not be in this predicament that you are in now. Your entire doctrine cannot be supported from the teachings of Christ .. yet you claim to believe in Christ. Truth is you believe in the church.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 11:06
    I know your opinion. I asked for references. Maybe if you were more like me and asked the church pastor for references you would not be in this predicament that you are in now. Your entire doctrine cannot be supported from the teachings of Christ .. yet you claim to believe in Christ. Truth is you believe in the church.
    John 3:5
    Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Not my opinion. If you do not know you're born again, then you are not born again, and you will not enter the kingdom of God.

It's your predicament, not mine.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 11:51
    John 3:5
    Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Not my opinion. If you do not know you're born again, then you are not born again, and you will not enter the kingdom of God.

It's your predicament, not mine.
    Were the Jews baptized?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 11:592 edits
    wrong thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree