1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 22:41
    Who would win in a Street Fighter 2 type game? - Jesus has a staff of wood and a fish slap button, Elvis has an endless supply of hamburgers.

I have just got street fighter again 🙂 cool game

But... here is an interesting graph - shows population since 1 AD
    http://www.uwec.edu/jolhm/eh4/extinction/CausesGraphKatie.jpg
    300,000,000 people then.

Elvis released "50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong" in 1959, he must be at around 300,000,000 now and that's more than Jesus as most didn't follow him in 1-100AD.

If you had to measure it quantifiably, Who has a bigger impact?

(I think that's easily Jesus but maybe a few will disagree 🙂 ? )

If you think Jesus why has he endured? I find it interesting that todays rockstars can have a bigger following but very few will keep it for more then 10 years or so...
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 22:43
    How's that search of a church coming along? Or your need for support with your alcoholism?
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 07:231 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How's that search of a church coming along? Or your need for support with your alcoholism?
    I'm still going, I don't pretend to be devout.

Maybe my post did not make sense - to put it more simply can you think of a pop star that has / had more of a following then Jesus? I'm interested in the 'belief maketh the god' ideas

Maybe its bad but I don't agree with Rastafarianism, that seems a bit like worshipping Elvis to me...
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 19:39
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I'm still going, I don't pretend to be devout...
    Sincere would be a start.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 22:201 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sincere would be a start.
    oh come on now, do you not use humour and not always kindly in these forums... perhaps this is not my best thread, I bumped the frosty jack one for you instead 🙂
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 22:42
    oh come on now, do you not use humour and not always kindly in these forums... perhaps this is not my best thread, I bumped the frosty jack one for you instead 🙂
    Well I just hope you find whatever it is you are looking for, really.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '13 23:221 edit
    Who would win in a Street Fighter 2 type game? - Jesus has a staff of wood and a fish slap button, Elvis has an endless supply of hamburgers.

I have just got street fighter again 🙂 cool game

But... here is an interesting graph - shows population since 1 AD
    http://www.uwec.edu/jolhm/eh4/extinction/CausesGraphKatie.jpg
    300,000,000 people then.

Elv tars can have a bigger following but very few will keep it for more then 10 years or so...
    Elvis was raised as a boy by attending church and singing gospel music and still enjoyed singing about Jesus in gospel music even after he became famous.

The Instructor
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '13 16:06
    Short real short video where Billy Graham talks about Elvis and the Beatles.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree