Jesus

Jesus "verses" Paul - NOT

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Mar 16

Originally posted by sonship
I know an expert on vertigo. You really should go have those rolling eyes checked out. You may have an imbalance in your inner ear.
I'd rather have an inner-ear problem than an inner-voice one.

rain

Moves
17 Mar 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Anyone who truly understands the teachings of Christ and the Apostles will know that ALL preach the same basic doctrine ... as follows:

- that the key to eternal life is love and charity - NOT FAITH.
- that Love is the fulfillment of the Law - NOT FAITH.
- that the greatest thing is Love - NOT FAITH.
- that Christ will judge on the basis able to love your neighbour - NOT ON FAITH.
- that faith will one day end but NOT LOVE.

Paul's words, 1 Corinthians 13:13:

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Mar 16

This perception that many have that there is such a discrepancy, is the result of Christians such as yourself that preach that Paul says that as long as you profess your faith ie believe in Christ with your mouth, you are saved eternally. Christ said no such thing therefore there is this discrepancy.

Anyone who truly understands the teachings of Christ a ...[text shortened]... OVE.

Your doctrine is misleading to those who dont know better and, annoying to those who do.
Tell that to the thief on the cross next to Jesus.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 16

This perception that many have that there is such a discrepancy, is the result of Christians such as yourself that preach that Paul says that as long as you profess your faith ie believe in Christ with your mouth, you are saved eternally. Christ said no such thing therefore there is this discrepancy.

Anyone who truly understands the teachings of Christ a ...[text shortened]... OVE.

Your doctrine is misleading to those who dont know better and, annoying to those who do.
Uh, I think you stumbled on The Stone....
Rom 9:30-33
What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:

"Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
NKJV

Rom 10:6-10
But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, "'Who will descend into the abyss?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
NKJV

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by vivify
Paul's words, 1 Corinthians 13:13:

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
You are agreeing with what I wrote and yet you make it sound like a disagreement.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You do have an inner voice problem too. Big time.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Perhaps you have both, then. Even the most secular humans accept that they may have "a voice" inside them, most call it a conscience.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by josephw
Tell that to the thief on the cross next to Jesus.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Jesus knew the heart of the thief on the cross and his heart was right with God.

Christ will not cast out good and righteous followers. Evil and crooked followers will be cast out as clearly stated in other parts of scripture.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Mar 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Uh, I think you stumbled on The Stone....
[b]Rom 9:30-33
What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, ...[text shortened]... and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
NKJV
[/b]
The part about 'believe in your heart' is your stumbling stone. You dont know what that entails.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You certainly are prideful. In order for the truth to make you free, you're going to have to find a way to lose that.

BTW, my cheeks ARE a bit sore.
You certainly are prideful. In order for the truth to make you free, you're going to have to find a way to lose that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding ? You don't know the half of it. I am really proud.
The good news is that I have a way to be conformed to Jesus.
In Him, I am full of confidence. That is not pride. That is trust in standing on His merit and not my own.

His is able to present us faultless before God's presence with exceeding joy.

" But to Him who is able to guard you from stumbling and to set you before His glory without blemish in exultation, ..." (Jude 12:24)

While your comment was designed to cause me to be discouraged, it backfires on you badly. Because my trust is not in any self reform or self improvement I can muster up religiously or humanisitically.

I stand upon His merit. He who has begun a good work in His saved ones, WILL complete it.

" Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun in you a good work will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)

I would consider it a terrible waste of a life to always announce discouragement to people rather than the good news of the hope of the Gospel.

Do you have some sample discrepancy between Paul's letters and the words of Jesus Christ ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Mar 16

You don't read my detailed posts. You said so!
So I no longer read yours.

Let's keep it that way.
Nobody reads your detailed posts 😀

My posts are short and concise much like the writings of Jesus and the Apostles... brief and to the point ..🙂 Try it.

T

Moves
17 Mar 16

You don't evade questions ThinkOfOne ?

ThinkOfOne, Tell me, what in the New Testament do you regard as the teaching of Jesus ? Do you just take the red letters in the red letter NT to be the teaching of Jesus ?

Do you take the Apostle Peter's sermons in the book of [b]Acts
to be Jesus' teaching too ?

Remember now, me, I evade and go on tange ...[text shortened]... I have asked before and never gotten a clear reply. Here's your chance to show me how its done.[/b]
Let's see. More nonsense from jaywill. Imagine that.

Jaywill asked the following question:
What nonsense ?

I responded with the following:
C'mon jaywill. As I and others have pointed out to you more than a few times: the way you go off on unrelated tangents, the way you sidestep the points of others by disingenuously addressing individual sentences as if they were said in a vacuum, your poor reading comprehension, the way you cobble together individual verses (or portions of verses) out of context from disparate sources and pretend that together they were meant to convey some otherwise hidden meaning, etc.

When these types of things are explained to you, you do the same with the explanations. It makes it pointless to try to have a rational discussion with you. I've given up trying.

The examples in bold above seem to apply here.

Not only has jaywill gone off on a tangent, but he also doesn't seem to understand what I had written.

What's more, jaywill has dishonestly pretended once again that I've never explained my position on the teachings of Jesus.

T

Moves
17 Mar 16

[b] You certainly are prideful. In order for the truth to make you free, you're going to have to find a way to lose that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The good news is that I have a way to be conformed to Jesus.
In Hi ...[text shortened]... you have some sample discrepancy between Paul's letters and the words of Jesus Christ ?[/b]

Seems Jaywill even takes pride in being prideful.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Are you kidding ? You don't know the half of it. I am really proud.

Seems Jaywill even takes pride in being prideful.[/b]
I am boasting in the Lord Jesus who knows far, far more my heart than you or even I myself, could ever know.

Oh, I am also boasting in the power of His redeeming blood to cleanse me of every sin. And I am bragging about His indwelling grace to save the forgiven sinner to the uttermost.

You try to condemn, but the word of God informs me -

" Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Jesus who died and, rather, who was raised, who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (Romans 8:33,34)

Seems ThinkOfOne longs to bring a charge against one whom the Son of God has justified forever.

The good news is that what He has done for me He can also do for others, like you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 16
1 edit

Nobody reads your detailed posts 😀

My posts are short and concise much like the writings of Jesus and the Apostles... brief and to the point ..🙂 Try it.
I get private emails that people benefited from reading posts that I wrote. However, even if I did not, I will still write some posts which require careful reading.