Jimmy Cater splits from the S Baptist Church

Jimmy Cater splits from the S Baptist Church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
21 Jul 09

He left due to their statements and treatment of women. they have recently proclaimed that women should be subserviant to men.

Maybe it's small but still quite curagious from this great American.

w

Moves
21 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by badmoon
[b]He left due to their statements and treatment of women. they have recently proclaimed that women should be subserviant to men.
Wow. Where can I join? 😛

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Jul 09

He left due to their statements and treatment of women. they have recently proclaimed that women should be subserviant to men.

Excellent. This guy is no longer what we can call a "bumbling Baptist." Now I guess he's a "crazy Christian" but that doesn't really suit him.

w

Moves
21 Jul 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Excellent. This guy is no longer what we can call a "bumbling Baptist." Now I guess he's a "crazy Christian" but that doesn't really suit him.
Maybe he can start a sect within Christianity known as the Femachristians? Then he can proclaim, "I am woman!!" 😛

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
21 Jul 09

I left because of the cocked gun of Hell to the head of non believers. Something about telling other's that you are Saved from the Flames of Hell because you believe a certain way never set well with me. It sort of reminded me of the Nazi's in the way they treated Jew's ,and anyone that did not see it the Nazi way. Death or torture was the means of dealing with those that did not tow the party line. Eternal Hell even has the Nazi's topped on the cruelity scale. The beauty of the Christian Church just faded from view after a close inspection of the belief system. It's a nasty mean spirited little religion.

w

Moves
21 Jul 09

Originally posted by buckky
I left because of the cocked gun of Hell to the head of non believers. Something about telling other's that you are Saved from the Flames of Hell because you believe a certain way never set well with me. It sort of reminded me of the Nazi's in the way they treated Jew's ,and anyone that did not see it the Nazi way. Death or torture was the means of dealing w ...[text shortened]... after a close inspection of the belief system. It's a nasty mean spirited little religion.
Its a far cry from sharing the gospel as good news, eh?

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
21 Jul 09

Originally posted by whodey
Its a far cry from sharing the gospel as good news, eh?
It's only good new's for financial end of things. The Church is a money making bonanza. If you want to make a lot of money start a religion.

w

Moves
21 Jul 09
1 edit

It's only good new's for financial end of things. The Church is a money making bonanza. If you want to make a lot of money start a religion.
The good news for me is about freedom from sin and death. People can turn the message into anything that suites them I suppose.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
21 Jul 09

The good news for me is about freedom from sin and death. People can turn the message into anything that suites them I suppose.
Are you free from sin in Hell ? From what I understand we are all free from death. The difference is that people like you will be rolling around Heaven all day, and creeps like me will be frying in the Lake of Fire for eternity. Either way we both live forever. You will happy as punch up in Heaven, and I will be in agony in Hell. It's a very charming story any way you look at it.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
22 Jul 09
1 edit

EDIT: I didn't think this posted before my computer crashed. See post below.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
22 Jul 09

But don’t religions generally require some degree of “cognitive subservience” to scriptures, creeds, other teachings? Why should a True Christian™ be permitted to say “I think” in contradiction to any required beliefs? Is that not the road to hell?

Kudos to Jimmy Carter for rejecting the “cognitive subservience” required by the Southern Baptists. Kudos to anyone—religious or not—who rejects the mind-irons of cognitive subservience.

w

Moves
22 Jul 09

Are you free from sin in Hell ? From what I understand we are all free from death. The difference is that people like you will be rolling around Heaven all day, and creeps like me will be frying in the Lake of Fire for eternity. Either way we both live forever. You will happy as punch up in Heaven, and I will be in agony in Hell. It's a very charming story any way you look at it.
I made no such claims. All I can tell you is that he has bnrought peace into my life and changed me. You know, many of us experience "hell" on earth in various forms and that is what Jesus came to free us from just as he did when he walked the earth healing and delivering people from various problems.

w

Moves
22 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by vistesd
But don’t religions generally require some degree of “cognitive subservience” to scriptures, creeds, other teachings? Why should a True Christian™ be permitted to say “I think” in contradiction to any required beliefs? Is that not the road to hell?

Kudos to Jimmy Carter for rejecting the “cognitive subservience” required by the Southern Baptists. Kudos to anyone—religious or not—who rejects the mind-irons of cognitive subservience.
So being submissive is a "bad" thing? Christ taught us that we were to take up our cross every day and follow him. That tells me that I must be submissive to following him even if it is not "convienent". I would compare it to loving your spouse and choosing to be submissive to them at times so as to please them. In fact, in every relationship worth having we can come up with similar examples of being submissive. Where would I be without the submissive nature of Christ? He certainly would not have wasted his time ministering to the poor and the sick or throwing away his life by going to the cross. You do realize he did these things to please the Father don't you?

BTW: No one ever said Carter was on the road to hell. The only question here is, was he right in what he believes.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
23 Jul 09

So being submissive is a "bad" thing? Christ taught us that we were to take up our cross every day and follow him. That tells me that I must be submissive to following him even if it is not "convienent". I would compare it to loving your spouse and choosing to be submissive to them at times so as to please them. In fact, in every relationship worth having ...[text shortened]... rter was on the road to hell. The only question here is, was he right in what he believes.
I didn't mention behavioral subservience, but cognitive subservience.

s

England

Moves
23 Jul 09

similar debate within all christian churchs. women priests/bishops. We only have paul saying let them speak but not rule [not a quote but what i remember] as our saviour picked males, but had women within the group and magdaline was the first to see the risen christ im on the side to be convinced. but still not 100%