Jordan Peterson, the Bible, and

Jordan Peterson, the Bible, and "truth"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Feb 22

"We have a bedrock of agreement. And that's the Bible, by the way. And it isn't that the Bible is true; it's that the Bible is the precondition for the manifestation of truth, which makes it way more true than just true. In many ways, the first book was the Bible. I mean literally." ~ Peterson talking to Joe Rogan

Thoughts?

Moves
17 Feb 22
4 edits

@fmf said
"We have a bedrock of agreement. And that's the Bible, by the way. And it isn't that the Bible is true; it's that the Bible is the precondition for the manifestation of truth, which makes it way more true than just true. In many ways, the first book was the Bible. I mean literally." ~ Peterson talking to Joe Rogan

Thoughts?
Probably the single greatest producer of methane on the planet.

Moves
17 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said

Thoughts?
I quickly scanned the transcript of that section of the interview and none of it made any sense to me.

F

Moves
17 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I quickly scanned the transcript of that section of the interview and none of it made any sense to me.
Peterson has seemingly all but stopped debating intellectuals in public, like he once used to, having ended up a bit mangled and bruised on too many an occasion, and now he crops up frequently on a chat show with the onetime host of Fear Factor and mixed martial arts commentator Joe Rogan who, nowadays, seems content to sit at Peterson's feet and lap his mumbo jumbo up.

Moves
17 Feb 22

@fmf said
Peterson has seemingly all but stopped debating intellectuals in public, like he once used to, having ended up a bit mangled and bruised on too many an occasion, and now he crops up frequently on a chat show with the onetime host of Fear Factor and mixed martial arts commentator Joe Rogan who, nowadays, seems content to sit at Peterson's feet and lap his mumbo jumbo up.
In the past I’ve heard Peterson make excellent arguments in debate, and make mincemeat of woke point-to-prove interviewers. I enjoyed listening to him, but I never really liked him very much; emotionally cold and strategically pointless, just interesting to listen to.

I don’t know what’s happened to him now; if the transcript is accurate then I’d say he would be better off at home in bed.

F

Moves
17 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I don’t know what’s happened to him now; if the transcript is accurate then I’d say he would be better off at home in bed.
If he wants to pass himself off as a public intellectual, he perhaps should stick to his field of expertise: clinical psychology.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said

Thoughts?
Sorry, but the Bible is not a pre-condition of an agreement. This clever sounding verbiage is what Woody Allen used to call "mental masturbation" 😏