wrote the Book of Mormon dum dum dum dum dum
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '12 07:471 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    wrote the Book of Mormon dum dum dum dum dum
    There is strong evidence that the Book of Morman is a plagiarized expansion of the writings of Solomon Spaulding with verbatim quotes from the Kings James Version of the Bible, translating errors and all. In the book "Kingdom of the Cults" by Walter Martin, Solomon Spaulding is said to be a retired minister who was known to have written a number of "romances" with Biblical backgrounds similar to those of the "Book of Morman". Martin does a good job of destroying the credibility of the Book of Morman in my opinion.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '12 07:55
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Book_of_Mormon
  4. England
    Moves
    12 May '12 14:53
    I dont think he claimed to write it, if memory serves me he claimed he was guided to it by a angel. it is claimed it was taken to america by some prophet and hidden. Sorry i know the prophets name began with a N but can not give any better info
  5. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 May '12 15:37
    Miss Harris smart smart smart smart smart smart
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '12 19:292 edits
    Originally posted by stoker
    I dont think he claimed to write it, if memory serves me he claimed he was guided to it by a angel. it is claimed it was taken to america by some prophet and hidden. Sorry i know the prophets name began with a N but can not give any better info
    According to Joseph Smith, he translated the "Book of Mormon" from engraved plates delivered to him in A.D. 1827 by the reserrected Moroni. The period covered by the Book of Mormon is from B.C. 600 to A.D. 421. In the last year or shortly after, Moroni, the last of the Nephite historians, sealed the records and hid them to be brought forth in the latter days, as predicted by the voice of God through the ancient prophets.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 08:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    According to Joseph Smith, he translated the "Book of Mormon" from engraved plates delivered to him in A.D. 1827 by the reserrected Moroni. The period covered by the Book of Mormon is from B.C. 600 to A.D. 421. In the last year or shortly after, Moroni, the last of the Nephite historians, sealed the records and hid them to be brought forth in the latter days, as predicted by the voice of God through the ancient prophets.
    Good job, you get an "A". 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree