1. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 03:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The first four gospels of the bible start out with Judas being an ok kind of guy to John where he is vilified. What is the reason for this change of character?
    (you mean the first three gospels)
    I saw a public tv documentary: "From Jesus to Christ" which was very informative. It explained how the latest gospel became more anti semitic in tone as the jesus followers became more disconnected from judaism since the jews did not accept them or respect them as a jewish sect. The gospel writers wrote within the context of their time.
  2. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 03:43
    Well that is a problem. NONE of the bible chapters are from god, only from men. So the gospel of judas has just as much validity as any of the ones in the bible. The Gnostic gospels were rejected beause they did not fit in with the pre-concieved notions of what a religion should be. The gospels of mark mathew luke and john were not even written by those peo ...[text shortened]... undreds of years later those chapters were named as being written by those four now attributed.
    But the NT has one legitimate, historical character who lived during the times of jesus, and who knew the original disciples; Paul, who wrote most of the NT and whose epistles essentially proclaim the gospel message. The gnostic gospels are therefore, in a relative sense, rubbish, which could have been written by any hack claiming "secret" knowledge of jesus.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 04:07
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    But the NT has one legitimate, historical character who lived during the times of jesus, and who knew the original disciples; Paul, who wrote most of the NT and whose epistles essentially proclaim the gospel message. The gnostic gospels are therefore, in a relative sense, rubbish, which could have been written by any hack claiming "secret" knowledge of jesus.
    Well thats interesting. Knowledge of who is a hack and who isn't from a period of time 2000 years down the line. Impressive.
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 01:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Not necessarily...I think Satan would have found another way.
    Woah what?! Satan was trying to kill Jesus? Jesus was born to die. Satan wanted Jesus to crack and chicken out, or sin and ruin the perfect sacrifice. Satan was not out to slaughter Jesus the way it happened. To suggest such would be to say that Satan won.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 02:56
    The first four gospels of the bible start out with Judas being an ok kind of guy to John where he is vilified. What is the reason for this change of character?
    I guess it was like American wrestling.
    You know, one day you're the world champion; the good guy.
    Next Wrestlemania, you've whacked somebody over the head with a chair, you're wearing a black mask and everybody wants your blood.

I'm sure, eventually, had he not hanged himself, he would have turned good again and Jesus would probably have went down in history's books as: "Carpenter boy".
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 01:21
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Woah what?! Satan was trying to kill Jesus? Jesus was born to die. Satan wanted Jesus to crack and chicken out, or sin and ruin the perfect sacrifice. Satan was not out to slaughter Jesus the way it happened. To suggest such would be to say that Satan won.
    1 Cor 2:7-8
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    (NKJ)

I Jn 5:19
    19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
    (NKJ)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree