1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 12:37
    Does anyone know this? And if so, where's it written?

Cheers!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 12:57
    Originally posted by shavixmir

Cheers!
    The Bible is silent on who actually found his body, only the manner of death is described and the place where he was buried.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 13:08
    Who is/was Judas? A man of fiction? I can't say I have seen this film, or even read the book.

-m.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Who is/was Judas? A man of fiction? I can't say I have seen this film, or even read the book.

-m.
    relevance?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 13:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The Bible is silent on who actually found his body, only the manner of death is described and the place where he was buried.
    Thanks. So Mathew is the only frame of reference on the whole suicide incident.

God damn, do I ever have a theory brewing.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 13:212 edits

Hi, there is a reference in the book of acts, also, its rather interesting for some have tried to use it as a pretext to find a discrepancy in the ancient text, for Matthew states that he tried to hang himself and the reference in the book of acts states that he fell and his intestines spilled out.

(Acts 1:18) . . .This very man, therefore, purchased a field with the wages for unrighteousness, and pitching head foremost he noisily burst in his midst and all his intestines were poured out.

(Matthew 27:5) So he threw the silver pieces into the temple and withdrew, and went off and hanged himself.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 16:17

Cheers!
    Kim Bauer
  8. England
    Moves
    15 Mar '11 13:50

Cheers!
    a better question is did he die? or how did he die? one version says he hung himself then another he cut himself. and in john 21 .. 21 to23
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 12:242 edits
    Originally posted by stoker
    a better question is did he die? or how did he die? one version says he hung himself then another he cut himself. and in john 21 .. 21 to23
    What happened to Judas is a mystery to me. I just don't know what happened to Judas.

But I'll give some opinion. The books of Acts says that he went " to his own place." The phrase "Judas turned aside to go to his own place" (Acts 1:25) may mean something unusual reserved for Judas. He may had had something particular reserved for him - his own place.

Maybe he tried to hand himself and was not able to. Jesus said that it would have been better for that man had he never been born (Mark 14:21). And in the book of Revelation in the 5th trumpet, some men suffering attempt to die. But death alludes them.

I wonder if what happened to those who could not find death in Revelation for five months, also happened to Judas. Suicide was not the place to which he was assigned to go.

Here is the passage about men seeking to die to be relieved of judgment.
    See Revelation 9:1-6:

"And it was given them [ locusts from the pit of the abyss (v.1) ] that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months; and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a ma.

And in those days men will seek death and shall by no menas find it; and they will long to die, and death flees from them." (Rev. 9:4-6)

These men sought death for relief from their judgments. But they were not able to find death for five months.

I sometimes wonder if something like this happened to Judas, the betrayer of the Son of Man. Jesus said that it would be good for that betrayer if he had never been born (Mark 14:21; Matthew 26:24)).

I don't know about how the bursting forth of his bowels also played a part in this. Neither passage clearly says that Judas was killed by hanging or by his bowels gushing out. The Bible says he went to hang himself. And the Bible says his bowels burst forth. But as far as I can see, neither passage definitely says that he died.

Perhaps going to his own place means something very terrible about where he was taken, damaged by physical problems, but not dead.

There are some expositors of the book of Revelation who say that the false prophet who accompanies the Antichrist, is Judas Iscariot. I only recall that this false prophet at the end times, symbolically, arrises from the land. And the land, some interpret, means the nation of Israel.

The sea, from which the beast and Antichrist arises, represents the Gentile world and the land from which the false prophet arises represents the Jewish nation.

If this is true, then it could be that Judas, "the son of perdition " (John 17:12) went to a special place reserved only for the likes of him, the traitor of the Son of God, and latter returns to earth as the false prophet to serve Satan and the Antichrist.

I noticed that John 17:12 says that Judas perished. I don't know if this means he died. In the Old Testament some very rebellious ones against God and Moses, went down alive into Shoel, into Hades, and perisehed.

"So they and all that belonged to them descended alive into Sheol; and the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the congregation." (Numbers 16:33)

Maybe Judas also descended alive into a place in Sheol under the earth and we do not know of his exact state.

This is all speculation. I do not know what happened to Judas. But the descrepancy of details must have some explanation.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 12:41
    Originally posted by jaywill
    What happened to Judas is a mystery to me. I just don't know what happened to Judas.

But I'll give some opinion. The books of Acts says that he went [b]" to his own place."
    The phrase "Judas turned aside to go to his own place" (Acts 1:25) may mean something unusual reserved for Judas. He may had had something particular reserved for him - ...[text shortened]... what happened to Judas. But the descrepancy of details must have some explanation.[/b]
    There is no discrepancy of details, Judas tried to hang himself, from a precipice, he failed and his body crashed to the earth below and his intestines burst out. The geography of Palestine would make this scenario quite likely. The scriptures indicate that he was buried in the 'field of blood', is it not the case.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 12:52
    There is no discrepancy of details, Judas tried to hang himself, from a precipice, he failed and his body crashed to the earth below and his intestines burst out. The geography of Palestine would make this scenario quite likely. The scriptures indicate that he was buried in the 'field of blood', is it not the case.
    I am aware of this possible interpretation.

It is possible, except how do I know that Judas was buried in that field ? It does not say explicitly that Judas either died or was buried in that field.

That is the only thing I would point out about this interpretation.

Read Acts 1:18-20 again. I do not see that he was definitely buried in "The Field of Blood" . Do you ?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '11 17:461 edit
    please consider this Jaywill,

In two cases of suicide recorded in the Bible, strangulation by hanging was employed. Ahithophel, David’s traitorous counselor, strangled himself (hanged himself). (2Sa 17:23) Ahithophels action was prophetic of that of one of Jesus’ apostles who proved to be traitorous, Judas Iscariot. (Ps 41:9; Joh 13:18) Judas hanged himself also. (Mt 27:5) Apparently the rope, or perhaps a branch of the tree on which Judas hanged himself, broke, “and pitching head foremost he noisily burst in his midst and all his intestines were poured out.”Ac 1:18.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '11 23:101 edit
    please consider this Jaywill,

In two cases of suicide recorded in the Bible, strangulation by hanging was employed. Ahithophel, David’s traitorous counselor, strangled himself (hanged himself). (2Sa 17:23) Ahithophels action was prophetic of that of one of Jesus’ apostles who proved to be traitorous, Judas Iscariot. (Ps 41:9; Joh 13:18) Judas han ...[text shortened]... ing head foremost he noisily burst in his midst and all his intestines were poured out.”Ac 1:18.
    Maybe so. Maybe that is what happened.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '11 23:59

Cheers!
    The dogs no doubt.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Mar '11 23:59

Can't wait.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree